We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July visit

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
407 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4th of July visit

We want to visit napa on 4th of july and wondering if wineries will be open for wine tasting? Will there be fireworks show?

Thanks for your help

Platypus Wine Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings
Squire Livery Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Beau Wine Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Napa Valley Wine Country Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,799 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July visit

Yes, the wineries will be open. The city of Napa has a fireworks show and Yountville usually does too.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,029 posts
6,063 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July visit

There are also 4th of July parades.

We have gone to the one in Calistoga and had a fun family oriented 4th of July parade before we visited some of the wineries. We went to the fireworks at the fair grounds that night.

http://www.napacountyfair.org/

I have not seen the web site yet on 2012 parade - but you may want to google and see more on former years if interested.

Just wanted to add a mention to another place to enjoy a fab 4th.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,799 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July visit

Yes, there's a parade in downtown Calistoga at 11am on July 4 and then there's fireworks that night:

savvycities.com/napa-county-fair-and-silvera…

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July visit

To kick off the holiday early, Silverado Resort puts on a magnificent fireworks show on July 3rd every year. Half the county turns out for this event. Silverado opens its private golf courses to the public, where you can lay down a blanket and watch the 'works from below.

The show starts about 9:15pm. Arrive early to find parking and to stake out a prime spot on the fairway.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,799 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of July visit

Here's what was happening around the 4th last year.

napavalleyregister.com/news/local/fourth-of-…

There was even a parade in Napa. I'm sure this year will be very much the same.

I never attend these events since I'm always out of town. But, this year the 4th is on Wednesday, so a getaway weekend is less likely. Maybe we will go up to the fair?

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of July visit

Excellent!! We will spend the day out there after all!! Mother in law will be visiting and we wanted to take her wine tasting but wanted her experience 4th of july show as well.

Thanks for your help!!

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4th of July visit

The town of Napa does the fireworks over the river. It's beautiful to see the reflection on the water. Many people will bring their boats into the area to watch- we did that once- it was a lot of fun. I live downtown, so I usually walk. My favorite place is on the bridge :)

englewood, nj
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 4th of July visit

Have reservations on Morimoto patio during the fireworks. Will I be able to see the fireworks from there or is it too far?

Thanks,

Bonnie

englewood, nj
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 4th of July visit

Have reservations on Morimoto patio during the fireworks. Will I be able to see the fireworks from there or is it too far?

Thanks,

Bonnie

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,799 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4th of July visit

You should have a ringside seat. You might have to venture out onto the walkway a few feet to have the best view but few places are better than Morimoto.