We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

OK... so... I've done a bit of research and have come up with the following tentative itinerary for our upcoming stay to celebrate my "milestone" birthday in Napa. I would appreciate any feed-back or suggestions for additions or improvements!! Would love to fit in a picnic if anyone has suggestions for a place with a killer view and when it would be best to squeeze that in.

Saturday, November 2 - arrive early afternoon. Staying at the White House Inn in Napa. We're coming from the East Coast, so after an early morning and long flight I didn't plan anything. Would love suggestions for how to spend the afternoon and a first night's dinner. Maybe Mustards?

Sunday - Cuvaison, Sterling and Frank Family wineries. Dinner at Morimoto

Monday - Cakebread, Robert Mondavi, Far Nienti. Dinner at Bottega

Tuesday - Beringer, & Duckhorn. Lunch at Gotts Roadside. Dinner at Meadowood

Wednesday - Beringer, Duckhorn. Mud baths and massages at Dr. Wilkinsons

Thanks for your suggestions!!! Getting very excited!!!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,415 posts
5,471 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

I like your list of wineries and restaurants - it shows you have done a lot of research.

On Saturday, you might want to take it easy and just stay local to Napa. Perhaps stop at Oxbow Market and get some fun food items for the week; do wine tasting at the local Napa wine bars

http://oxbowpublicmarket.com/

There is a Napa wine tasting card

donapa.com/plan-your-trip/downtown-wine-tast…

for picnic ares for a nice view

Rutherford Hill is nice

www.rutherfordhill.com/basic_template.asp…

Sunday or monday would work well for thsi...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,012 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

I like all the restaurants and have some Frank family wines still saved for a special occasion. Enjoy. Napa valley and do be careful about tasting vs drinking for the driver at least

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

Yes, with the restaurants you have chosen, you probably should have stayed in Yountville or St. Helena. Driving the highway after wining and dining is not the best idea. Instead of Mustards the first night, you might consider Celadon in Napa. Ask your innkeepers for their recommendations.

It looks like you have Beringer and Duckhorn on both Tuesday and Wednesday.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

Oops!! Thanks for the catch, Supercilious. We are doing Beringer and Duckhorn on Tuesday. Do you think it would be too much to add Stags Leap and Regusci on the way back that day? Our dinner reservations at Meadowood aren't until 8:45 p.m.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,415 posts
5,471 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

It depends how much time you spend at each winery....etc.

and given that 3 to 4 wineries a day is a leisurely but good pace for Napa winery

and with Gotts being about an hour tops for lunch

I think you definitely will have time for Stags Leap and Regusci.....

Most wineries close between 4 and 6 so you have time between wine tasting and dinner...

its about a 30 minute drive back to Meadowood so even time for a nap if you so want after wine tasting before dinner at Meadowwood.

Have a good time - Napa valley is 30 miles from Napa to Calistoga so even though there are optimal places to stay based on what you want to do, you're fine with your Napa locale.

Edited: 26 October 2013, 01:40
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

Thank you so much, mini! It's been challenging trying to figure everything out - kinda like Disney World for wine lovers! No matter what, we're going to have a great time, I just know it! Thanks again for all of the help!

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

We were just there 2 weeks ago and we had a wonderful time at Rutherford hill,Rombauer and Quixote.Quixote is in the stags leap ava,It is the most interesting place in napa.Their wines are very good.We also went to Domaine Carneros and they were wonderful too,have fun

Level Contributor
35,221 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

Mustard's would be nice for dinner. Your plans look excellent! :)

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

Saintsbury in Napa has a lovely back yard setting, Wellington in Sonoma will let you bring food and eat outside.

10. Re: Help finalizing itinerary, PLEASE!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Napa Valley