We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa wineries and tours

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Napa wineries and tours

My husband and I will be in napa at the end of February for a few days we are interested in the cave tours it sounds neat! There are so many to choose from! Any recommendations would be great! We basically are looking for a rustic cave tour and a great experience I've seen some reviews about del dotto it seems so pricy I feel like there has to be something similar at a better price!

Napa Valley Wine Trolley
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Dynamic Napa Wine Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Winery Tours Napa Valley
Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Wineries & Vineyards, Food Tours
Allure Limo Napa Tours
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa wineries and tours

There are over 70 Napa Valley wineries with cave tours, some of the ones open to the public (not needing an appointment) include: Beringer, Hall, Clos Pegase, Miner Family, Rombauer, Inglenook, Pine Ridge and Stags Leap Wine Cellars.

Check here for coupons: napatouristguide.com/napa-on-a-budget.html

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa wineries and tours

I think we have narrowed it down to Jarvis which is 60 per person but I hear the experience is well worth it or ruthford hall winery which is half the price of the Jarvis tour. We have some decisions to make! Thanks for your help and the coupons!!!!

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napa wineries and tours

Jarvis and Hall (Rutherford) are both excellent choices but I would not characterize either as 'rustic'. They're both pretty 'gltizy' reflecting the personalities of their owners and the significant investment made in developing the caves in the modern era.

If by rustic, you mean authentic and historic, there are better caves to tour.

If you wish to keep researching, start here:

napavintners.com/wineries/wineries_wine_cave…

Edited: 16 February 2014, 15:55
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Napa wineries and tours

Thanks for the info I will continue my search!!!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,799 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napa wineries and tours

"ruthford hall winery"

Do you mean Rutherford Hill? If so, that was one of the first wineries to put in modern caves during the 1980s. The winery is also in a spectacular location in the hills above Rutherford. There's a nice picnic area there.

If you want to see older caves from the 19th century, I would recommend the tour at Schramsberg.

http://www.schramsberg.com/visit.html

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Napa wineries and tours

Yes that's what I meant! Haha oh that sounds nice I will look into it! I feel like Jarvis is so much money 60 per person but when I called the napa valley info center the lady told me that's one of the best places and the tour is amazing I just can't choose it sounds so nice but Rutherford looks so beautiful and like u said nice picnic areas! Not to mention its half the price!

7. Re: Napa wineries and tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:17