We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Zipline

texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Kaanapali Zipline

Has anyone done the zipline in Kaanapali or Haleakala? Which one would you recommend? Would it be a fun excersion for teens? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

We're going Oct 6th. . .will let you know how it goes and hopefully have a video to add.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
45 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

We (I and my two kids ages 14 and 10) did the Haleakala zipline in August. It was really alot of fun - they are very professional. The ziplines get more and more interesting as you go along. The main difference between the two locations is the time needed. The Kaanapali one takes up about 4-5 hours (they do feed you lunch) whereas the Haleakala one takes about 1 1/2 hours. Have fun!

Dimondale, Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

Teenagers will love this. I took my two teenage daughters and a friend of theirs ziplining on Haleakala in July. It was one of their favorite things they did.

CA
Level Contributor
745 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

We wanted to do the Haleakala zip but it had been booked solid by the time our plane touched the tarmac. Advice: book from the mainland while you still can.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
931 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

Since the Haleakala zip only takes a few hours, would it be feasible to combine it with the trip to the top for sunrise?

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

Also, book online for discount rate.

We've booked the Kaanapali. I know it's quiet a bit more but heard it's twice as many zips and a break with water, fruit and pastries while overlooking Kaanapali from a bluff .

We're going 8am to 12pm and should still have lots of the day left to clean up and do other activities.

Haiku
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

Both zips are offered by Skyline .. their web site gives you all the details; both are starting to get booked up as word spreads and advertising gets out there. Extremely advisable to book way ahead of time, before you leave for the islands.

Bad news about Haleakala one, the ATVs are at the same place; so instead of lovely morning sounds of bird song; you get those gosh awful motorcycle engine revving sounds. The ATVs even pass you by along the trail as you are hiking; we asked specifically folks who had just returned in August about the noise, and they said it was very noticeable.

Even if it costs more [$135 vs. $90] and takes more time [~5 hours vs. ~1.5], we vote for the west Maui version; # of zips is more [8 for west Maui vs 5 + swinging bridge at Haleakala]; and you get lunch above a 1,000 foot overlook. Since much of west Maui is not accessible; too steep; and you even have to ride up to the zipline site in the 6-wheel drive Pinzgauer vehicle; you are able to enjoy a much rarer landscape ... with not much chance of anything other than natural sounds as you zip along.

Their web site has photos too so you can get a sense of scenery.

Dimondale, Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

We did the Haleakala zip in July. The only time we saw the atv's is when we pulled into the parking lot and they were pulling out. Also, we never heard them while zipping.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

We did the Kaanapali one two weeks ago. It was a blast had Dano as one our guides. They did a great job and made it fun for everyone. It does get a little dirty but worth it. It had 8 lines with the longest 1000' plus great views of Lahina and Kaanapali. If you are staying in west Maui do it.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
45 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kaanapali Zipline

I agree with the earlier post re:ATV's - when we went wouldn;t have even noticed them except that our guide pointed them out the one time they drove by.

BYW, we booked 2months ahead of time - otherwise we would never have been able to get a reservation. Thank you Tripadvisor!

Get answers to your questions about Ka'anapali