We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui vacation - now booked!!

Madrid
Level Contributor
188 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Maui vacation - now booked!!

Me and my wife have already booked (for next August, so well in advance, as you can see) our California & Hawaii vacation, which will include 7 days at the Sheraton Maui.

We visited Maui in September 2007 and completely fell in love with the island. That time we were in Wailea, which was beautiful, and this time we chose Ka'anapali.

Any comments about the Sheraton? We are so excited about it, as it seems a wonderful place...

Kindest regards!

Victoria
Level Contributor
448 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

Never been to the Sheraton, but I wanted to wish you a great trip. I'm sure you'll have fun staying in Kaanapali. Jade

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,510 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

There have been many reports and comments on the Sheraton. A number of trip advisor folks like the Sheraton.

Type Sheraton in the forum search function and enjoy reading for hours.....

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

I agree with Barefoot. I could fill a small novel with the pages of (positive) reviews I have given the Sheraton Maui. If you have a specific question, feel free to PM me.

Betty Lou

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
841 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

Congratulations! I'm excited for you. My next Maui fix is coming up in June. I always book my trips almost a year out and then spend the next months daydreaming... Between planning early and having my photos and trip report afterward, I spend a LONG time enjoying Hawaii.

We have stayed in the Kaanapali area and the Wailea area. This time we are splitting our time between Kula and Wailea. I think you'll have a wonderful time. Be sure to post back and let us know how you liked the Sheraton and compare your experiences of Kaanapali vs. Wailea.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,360 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

Betty beat me again! You will love the Sheraton! Great service, gorgeous grounds...drinks at the Lagoon Bar watching the sunset and the cliffdiving, meandering down to Whaler's Vilage for shopping, food and drinks...sigh...ready to go back! If you haven't already you may want to join Starwood, helps with upgrades and they REALLY treat ya right! Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

I have never stayed at the Sheraton on Maui; however I walked through the grounds and snorkeled right next to it this past January/February. The grounds are beautiful. I don't think you will be disappointed at all!!! Excellent location, great snorkeling off of black rock right off of the beach, the pool looks neat and an easy walk to Whaler's Village. Enjoy!!!

Madrid
Level Contributor
188 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

Thanks so much everyone. Hey Sunshine, I do exactly the same. I book well in advance, and from that moment to the day of the trip I just dream and dream, and cannot stop talking about it (I’m sure my wife will end up getting suicidal at some point...). And then, of course, once the trip is over, it’s a long time until we stop walking on air with the whole thing (usually when we begin planning the next one!). I’ll post back to share my impressions about the Sheraton, of course! You have to wait way less than me. A lucky person!

mamma0233, thanks for the Starwood suggestion. Yeah! It’s a great trip waiting to be done. It will be a two-week trip slip between Hawaii and Southern California!

Thanks JadeVictoria, Barefoot and Annyka! As I said before, once the trip is over and we’re back home here in Spain, I’ll be delighted to post my impressions. I cannot wait to go!!!

Thanks everyone & kindest regards!

Prosper, Texas
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

You can't beat the location! We love the Sheraton. It has been many years since we have stayed there, but we loved it.

It's never too early to plan, in my opinion.

Madrid
Level Contributor
188 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

I agree with you, Texasfriends. It's never too early to plan. We booked in early March our twoo week U.S vacation, which includes that Maui 7-day stay. But had we knew our vacations in let's say January, we would have booked at that time for sure!

I'm sure wifey and I will love the Sheraton. We cannot wait!!

Regards!

10. Re: Maui vacation - now booked!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 05:19