We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

Aloha again!!

I'm still researching for our trip in april 2011(so far away...} and am now considering stayiing in the Ka'anapali area. I like the idea of the boardwalk and being able to walk to another resort and have a drink and walk back to where we stay.

I had been looking at condos but not sure we really need one the one thing I don't do on vacation is cook since I cook almost every night at home so we really don't need a kitchen. I have been looking at The Ka'anapali Beach Hotel it looks very laid back and has that Hawaiian vibe we would enjoy plus our budget will not extend to The Hyatt and Sheraton.

Any thoughts on the KBH or any other reccomendations in Ka'anapali? Not against a condo if there are any midrange ones in the area. Would like to keep it to 150.00 a night at most the garden rooms at KBH for april 2010 are 149.00 a night so I figure they might go up a little next year but not much.

I also thought we might attend The Old Lahaina Luau we have been to Germaines on oahu it was ok but not great. I have heard that Old Lahaina Luau is very good. My question is would we be able to get a cab there and back from Ka'anapali? Since we are pretty vigilant about not drinking and driving and it would be nice if we could both indulge in a few tropical libations.

Mahalo for all your help.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,080 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

Uncmom, I think you would really like the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. You might want to check into the shuttle that travels between Kaanapali and Lahaina for that luau. Even with the short distance a taxi will cost you way too much. They aren't as cheap as in Honolulu!! You will love the Old Lahaina Luau!!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

Tnanks msfuzz

Yes I heard there was a shuttle that ran between Ka'anapali and Lahaina but wasn't sure if that would work for the luau.

Tried to find a website for the shuttle to get some info but didn't find anything.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,080 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

This should give you the info you are looking for. Look at mamma's post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60634-i87-k342410…

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

April 2011 will be here sooner than you think, nothing wrong with planning now. We are going in March 2011 and already booked a condo. Enjoy your trip!

Sidney, Ohio
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

The shuttle works nice for the OLL. It drops you off at the Cannery Mall which is real close to the OLL, just a short walk back to pick it up after the OLL. We did this when we went 2 yrs ago, very convenient.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,699 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

Aloha, UncMom!

Check out Maui Kaanapali Villas, the Westin KOR Villas, and Honua Kai too......with the economy, things are cheaper than they were--and who knows what you'll find, even for next spring. A condo will save you money overall, even if you don't cook. You'll be able to stock up on drinks, snacks, etc and not pay hotel prices!!

The Maui Bus will def work for OLL. It may not run late enough to return afterwards; a taxi will run you about 15.00 or so back to K'pali.

ca
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

Maui Eldorado is a nice place. Walking distance to everything, but not on the beach. A little quieter and relaxed I think. Rates are very favorable, we have found. Enjoy!

Grass Valley, CA
Level Contributor
126 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

How long are you planning on staying? I may have some advice that is dependant on the duration of your stay.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
28 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

We just returned from a week at KBH and loved it! The Old Lahaina Luau was a blast and worth the cost. We rented a car and parked right there at the Luau-it's just a few minutes from the hotel. The entertainment was wonderful as were the ocean views and dinner.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A few questions about the Ka'anapali area?

swmarket's recommendations are right on the mark. Agreed completely.

Get answers to your questions about Ka'anapali