We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

hi all, ok i'll be staying over at The Whaler which with a unit that has a small kitchen so just curious, where can I go out to have breakfast or should I just make my own?

[1] going out

Which places are near by the whaler that are cheap that I can go for breakfast and that is nice?

[2] eating in

ok if I eat in, is there a supermarket that I can buy eggs or bacon? The only place i'm thinking that is close is the Whaler Village?

thanks all

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,968 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

Aloha,

Whaler's Village has a food court. There's a Mickey d's there as well as some other small places. Cane & Taro serves breakfast-and while not cheap, the portions are huge.

Up the hill from you, in the Fairways Shops (on the highway), CJ's Deli is pretty reasonable for breakfast and other meals too.

You will pay outrageous prices for any grocery items at the ABC store in Whaler's Village. Hop the bus or drive into Lahaina and go to Foodland, Long's, or Safeway.

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,243 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

I really, really wanted to try breakfast at Cane and Taro last trip ... but didn't get the chance.

Resorts are PRICEY! Ka'anapali Beach hotel may be OK.

Beyond Ka'anapali - the strip of Ka'anapali where the Whaler is located ... some wonderful, wonderful options! Moose McGilloughcuddy's in Lahaina, Sea House and the Gazebo in Napili come to to mind.

Mentioned in this post
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,527 Reviews
Maui, HI
Ka'anapali
Ka'anapali
Maui, HI
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Napili Beach
Napili Beach
2,391 Reviews
Maui, HI
Level Contributor
402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

The Castaway Cafe just north of Black Rock has good reasonable breakfasts. I love their banana/mac pancakes! Here is a link to their website which has their menu.

http://castawaycafe.com/

Mentioned in this post
Castaway Cafe
Castaway Cafe
922 Reviews
Maui, HI
Black Rock
Black Rock
820 Reviews
Maui, HI
lwj
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

As was mentioned before, CJ's Deli is right up the hill, maybe a 5-10 minute walk (depending on your condition). Good and reasonable.

Next door to the Whaler is the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, which has a nice coffee shop and restaurant.

Mentioned in this post
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,527 Reviews
Maui, HI
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

Duke's at Honua Kai is good for breakfast.

You can also go to Times Supermarket which is walkable (about 25 min) from Whaler towards Honokowai.

Mentioned in this post
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
3,348 Reviews
Maui, HI
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

The Plantation Golf Course Clubhouse in Kapalua has to-die-for Egg Benedicts, of numerous varieties. I recommend the Crab Benedict! Prices are reasonable, for Maui!, $12, the views are breathtaking and it's easy to find and get to. Go! I will not return to Maui w/o breakfast at the Plantation!

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
vancouver WA usa
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

We loved CJ's for any meal and were willing to drive from Napili to eat there. You should have (at least) one breakfast at the Gazebo in Napili. FWIW we have found in the tropics we are more likely to snack at breakfast and lunch and have a larger sit-down dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Napili Beach
Napili Beach
2,391 Reviews
Maui, HI
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,880 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

Since everyone has you driving miles for breakfast...will you have a car?! That changes the whole scenerio...assumed you were walking!

Edited: 03 June 2010, 04:38
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
260 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

Go to the Gazebo Restaraunt in Nipili, it is fantastic! read some reviews, but the wait was really worth it! Only took us about 15 minutes to get a seat.

Elk Grove, CA
Level Contributor
25 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to have breakfast in kaanapali?

Castaway cafe (located in Maui Kaanapali Villas) is good for breakfast. Great view. No need to wait in line to get the seats.

Gazebo is great too but you have to wait in line.

Mentioned in this post
Castaway Cafe
Castaway Cafe
922 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,527 Reviews
Maui, HI