We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papakea

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Papakea

Just curious about this property. We were planning to stay in Kihei for 2 weeks or do 1 week Kihei and 1 week Oahu. Now I'm wondering we should consider staying 1 week in the South part of Maui and 1 week in the West part of Maui.

Anyways, the Papakea seems like a very nice place, but I am wondering if all units are set up with a loft type of configuration for one of the bedrooms. Just not sure if that will be a safe option for our very small children (under 4).

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Papakea

The top floor units are the ones that have lofts.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
418 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Papakea

The units are configured differently. We have rented one- and two-bedrooms with no lofts; the three-bedroom that we're returning to (for the third time) has a loft with a bed set back from the railing. Many that I have seen on-line and in-person would concern me for toddlers, as sometimes the beds are set dangerously close to the railing. I suggest looking on VRBO for a unit that fits your needs.

I think you said you were coming at Christmastime... we'll be checking out of here on the 23rd:

http://www.vrbo.com/170050

We've stayed in four other condos at Papakea (through VRBO) and have friends who have rented directly from Aston at Papakea for years. Feel free to message me if you have questions :-).

California
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Papakea

Papakea is a very nice modest property. If it was me I would stay there the whole time. W. Maui is much nicer if you ask me.

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Papakea

Thanks everyone! I guess I just kept finding these loft units while I was searching that I assumed they were all like that. Glad to hear they aren't. I would hope to find a more traditional 2 bedroom layout as the loft configuration just won't work for the kids.

We're heading down for Christmas 2012, which might seem like a long time away, but with some many details to plan I'm going to need the time!

Thanks again!

Oregon
Level Contributor
42 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Papakea

Hi!! My husband and I are thinking of renting a unit at Papakea and our friends are staying at Paki Maui. What is your opinion on the best resort? We were looking at the ground floor 1 bdrm unit.

Thank you.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
418 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Papakea

Papakea, hands down for grounds, location, and amenities. You may consider beginning a new thread to solicit specific responses.

7. Re: Papakea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 06:15