We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 19:41
San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

You can go here to check: www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrkaanapalivill.html

Looks like the walk would be 5 minutes or so.

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

I would guess the walk to the beach from the Banyan or Coconut building would be about 3 minutes or so. I stayed in the tower and it didn't take anytime to get to the beach. Lounge chairs are on the grassy area and can be used by any guest of the property. An onsite beach rental will rent some chairs for the beach as well as a covered chaise lounges on the beach. I happened to get lucky and have beach chairs in the unit I rented. I booked directly with owner and not with Aston.

The beach in front of the property is wonderful. It has a nice sandy bottom and just adjacent to Airport Beach which is great for snorkeling. You can find some really nice units on VRBO that might even be in the Dolphin or Emerald Building. It just depends on your budget because those units are usually higher. I would definitely check on VRBO for prices.

It is a lovely property, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

East Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

If you want to treat your self! stay at the maui kaanapali villas. My wife and I have stayed there 3 times. We stayed in the banyon bld. It takes about 3 minutes to get to the beach, There is no traffic constantly walking past your unit. It is wonderful. We are returning in Feb. 2012. Beach lounges are scattered along the grass area in front of the beach, but thy can't be taken onto the beach. But who cares, you are there for the sand and the water!!!!! Pack a cooler of adult beverages and enjoy yourself.

Sydney
Level Contributor
499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

yes as previously said your walk to the beach will be minimal, and you can rent tchairs, snorkel gear etc all at the little hut just at the beach.

Ohhh to be back there!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

Great feedback! We booked a private unit from vrbo too. And nice to read others are happy with this property. It will be our first time to Maui and will be there for christmas. Pool looks very nice for our children

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,800 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

Aloha,

I would try not to be put in Coconut, though. Many of its units back to a parking lot and the highway, so you can end up with a fair bit of noise from the highway. Some of Banyan's units front the main drive into MKV, but that doesn't have the traffic that the highway does.

As others have said, the walk to the beach will be perhaps 3 minutes, through the grounds, front lawn, and beachside lawn area.

MKV is a wonderful property and a great choice.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

Beautiful sandy beach.

Plus with it being within Kaanapali Resort Development you can catch the free trolley at your front lobby.

Good light meals and small sunset show every night next door at the Royal

Lahaina Resort that our guests allways enjoy. Beautiful view .

Mentioned in this post
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,521 Reviews
Maui, HI
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Alexandra Headland...
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

Would you mind sharing the vrbo site, MKV is on the top of our list at the moment & have been negotiating with one vrbo owner & it is in the Banyan building.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,800 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

Aloha,

Jules, you might want to send private messages to whoever you were asking this question........hard to tell who your q is directed to in here!

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
268 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Kaanapali Villas and beach proximity

Not familiar with Kaanapali Villas, but we stayed at the Wailea Ekahi five years ago. The walk down to the beach was far enough away where it got annoying and became a bit of burden to carry all of our stuff.

Mentioned in this post
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,521 Reviews
Maui, HI
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI