We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

Does anyone know if the studio units (lockoffs) have lanais? The info at their official website does not mention it in the ammenitiies list, but is very specific in the write ups about the 1br units.

Also, is their a resort fee charged at check out and is there a charge of self parking?

Thanks in advance!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

The studio Villas in the south units do not have true lanais, just a little step-out...the ones in the north DO. Since we own I'm not familiar with the fee structure for renters, I think I read that self parking was $9 but could be wrong on that...call them and ask.

los angeles
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

Lanais in the original WKORV lock out units are just big enough for a small table a couple of chairs. Lock-out units for the ocean fronts at the original WKORV do not have lanai that is ocean front, the lanais in these units face the pool area(probably would be classified as ocean view units). In the newer North WKORV, the lanais for lock out unit are similar in size to the 1 bedroom unit.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

I was told that on the forums by dhauk that no studio villa had any sort of outside sitting area. If they do have lanais then this may totally change my decision!!

Maple Valley, WA
Level Contributor
259 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

The North building has a small one with two chairs and I believe some have a very small table. The South ones do not. You have a slider that opens with a foot of space that you can not fit anything on. We went with a 1 bedroom unit just to make sure we had a lanai.

Also, I think it depends on how you book it as to whether or not you have resort fees. I have stayed there 2 times and book them differently each time (the first through Expedia) and did not pay a resort fee either time.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

we are here now. there is no charge for self parking, but it is very hard to find a spot. all day valet is $9.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

we have the 1br unit and pay $48 for the week for the resort fees. I believe the studio is slightly less, $42 I think.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

So I'd have to request a north building... What are the odds I can get one for Late March 2012?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

I have no idea how they assign the rooms between the 2 for renters...sorry!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
367 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

Hi. Have you gone to the Westin yet? or is it a future trip still? Just curious what the outcome was...THANKS!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Westin Kaanapali Villas lanais

Yes, we went over Labor Day -7 nights-wonderful trip-loved the Villa's. We requested a studio in the north building, and got one with a wonderful ocean view on the "quiet side". Went to the "presentation", didn't buy into the villas right now, but did agree to purchase another week in the next two years to revisit our decision. We'll see- loved the concept of the villas, large studio room, kitchen , washer & dryer and the the great tub. Couldn't have had a better vacation.