We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

Santa Rosa Ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

Could anyone tell me if there is any construction presently or in the near future at either the Kaanapali Beach Hotel or the Royal Lahaina?Mahalo

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

Most hotels and resorts are very good about on going maintenance and sometimes that involves carpets, hallways etc. that's a GOOD thing!

As far a actual construction at either property I haven't read a word and can't imagine where it would be...of course I could have missed it when I was there in Feb.

Want to share what you are hearing?

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

Not sure of exact start of construction, maybe a couple more years but noticed a sign at Royal Lahaina for www.royallahainavillas.com looks pretty nice, but would not want to stay in tower rooms during construction.

Santa Rosa Ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

Thanks for the updates!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

Kaanapali beach is miles and miles long. Most of the properties are over 30 years old and are faced with some larger maintenance jobs.

We walked past the Royal Lahaina and the Kaanapali Beach Hotel and did not hear any construction.

Kaanapali Beach Club has been doing some work and sending some of their guests to stay at Kaanapali Shores next door.

Santa Rosa Ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

thanks Jimgloria! How's the water for swimming and boogie boarding?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

We are not staying at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, however, we stopped by there 2 nights ago to listen to music. It is a beautiful property and we did not see any evidence of construction. But, we could have somehow overlooked it if the construction is on a particular building.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

We are not staying at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, however, we stopped by there 2 nights ago to listen to music. It is a beautiful property and we did not see any evidence of construction. But, we could have somehow overlooked it if the construction is on a particular building.

Santa Rosa Ca
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

thank you kjaw10 for your comments! Much appreciated! Nice to hear they have music around the area.

vancouver
Level Contributor
180 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

They were doing something on the roof today. I am on the 12th floor facing black rock at the whaler right beside kbh.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rumors of construction at Kaanapali beach hotels

Hi Denise. Are you in a studio or a 1 bdrm? Which one? Tell us about your room!!