We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket

Commonwealth of MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket

Staying in a timeshare on Kannapalli. Where is the closest supermarket?

Blue Maui Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
West Maui Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
UFO Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,097 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket

There is a Times Market in Honokawai,, but I like the Safeway and Foodland Farms in Lahaina better.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket

Times seems a little more expensive than Safeway to me. Foodland Farms is fun :)

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,516 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket

The closest is Times & might be within walking distance depending on where you are staying: http://goo.gl/maps/z3DTd

Since it's so convenient to where we stay & we like their selection, quality and specials, we shop there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket

Foodland Farms has the best Poke, which is the most important reason to pick a supermarket, in my humble opinion. That being said, we'll hit any of Foodland Farms, Safeway, or Times, depending on which is convenient to stop at. Foodland Farms is a little more expensive, but has really nice stuff, including Ono Pops. Safeway is probably the least expensive of the three and has your standard supermarket choices.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket

Depending on your length of stay, it's a good idea to watch the stores weekly ad specials. You can save quite a bit more by shopping for the specials. Foodland and Safeway both have member cards that will get you more discounts.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket

I agree with Scott. And try the Bubbies at Foodland.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket

All groceries are expensive on Maui.

The closest super market for you should be Times in Honokowai and across

the street from Kaanapali Shores .

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,097 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket

Actually I think the Fish Market Maui, next to Times Market, has better poke than anyone in West Maui and I still love Costco's too.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket

Didn't try the Fish Market poke, but I did chew a big hole in the pile from the Foodland in Lahaina. Good variety too.

If you shop there, don't forget to ask for a discount card. Really give a good discount, especially of all flavours of "neck oil".

Good prices on most items, but one thing did amaze us. The price of plain water crackers throughout Hawaii. WOW. At some places, they're over $6 a packet. I understand that everting has to be shipped in, but that's 600% dearer than our local store. Most everything else was reasonable, but it made cheese & crackers seem like a luxury. Intersting to think that I could probably get drunk for the price of crackers!

Edited: 01 January 2013, 11:14
10. Re: Supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Ka'anapali