We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Air dropping JHM - check your reservations!

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
366 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Island Air dropping JHM - check your reservations!

Heard through the rumor mill that Island Air is ending Kapalua/West Maui service - went to their website and you can't book a seat after June 1st... this leaves Mokulele as the sole carrier at the airport.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Air dropping JHM - check your reservations!

Mahalo for the update, Diver-

Not a big surprise given Mr. Ellison's recent acquisition of the airline, although I'm certain Island Air's ~250 employees were happy he stepped in. Lana'i will now surely become the main focus of I.A.'s business model, in spite of airline PR information to the contrary.

Understandably, the ultimate goal being to provide travelers more accessibility to his island assets, thus sequentially increasing his profits -- even if the airline suffers as a result of it's solitary focus.

Alo)(a, NKO

2. Re: Island Air dropping JHM - check your reservations!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 05:19