We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

Aloha,

I'm staying at the Kaanapali Alii in 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the gym is like. I know there are pictures, but all I see are cardio machines. What else is there? Any free weights or a squat rack?

And is it quite busy in there most of the time? When is it the most quiet?

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

It is a new gym in a pretty new building. I would contact Kaanapali Alii for details on the equipment.

Calgary
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

We have stayed at the Alii for our last 5 trips to Maui. Last year I went to the gym the first three mornings, then shook my head, remembered I was on Maui and went outside :) There was definitely a separate room in the gym with free weights, fitness balls etc and several weight machines, although I don't specifically remember if there was a squat rack. Very nice facility overall - good for you for being disciplined enough to work out while on vacation.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

Thanks! And yes, I plan to only go to the gym in the evenings so I don't miss any of the precious sunshine!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

My wife lived in that gym nearly every morning while I did an early surf session. It is well done and pretty complete. There was someone providing a class/training for an extra fee if you wanted it.

BTW, one of our requirements for any place we stay is the workout room! When we didn't have one in the property we stayed at on the south side three times, she drove to 24 Hour Fitness in town!

Edited: 10 April 2013, 02:59
Bellevue, Washington
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

Just returned, there is a "yoga" room with classes in the am during the week, free weights, balls, etc.. Not a bad facility, VERY CLEAN!

California
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

Gym is adequate, but really preferred running along the beach in the early morning! Couldn't resist the beautiful surroundings as opposed to the inside of the gym!

7. Re: Kaanapali Alii gym info needed, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 07:16