We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Hello,

We are going to Maui and staying at Sheraton for 4 night in Nov. 2013. Our flight will arrive at 9:00pm in the evening and hubby has trouble driving at night, esp. on unfamiliar place, so we are thinking of taking a shared shuttle. Sheraton listed 2 options for shuttle service from airport to their hotel. Executive Transportation and Speedishuttle. Has anyone used any of them? Which one would you choose for timeliness and comfort? Pricewise for 2 people costs about the same, app. $115 roundtrip; half if we take only one way.

We plan on taking road to Hana, but will join a tour as again my hubby (72 yrs old) prefer not to drive.. However, we'd like to rent a car for 1 or 2 days as our flight leaves late 10:30pm on our last day. Can anyone recommend where to rent from that will allow us to pick up in Kaanapali and return at the airport? We plan on our last day to drive to Iao Valley and use the car to go to the airport. Any help, tips or suggestions would BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Good day.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Aloha. I have used Speedishuttle -- comfortable and reliable in my experience. Valley Isle tours is a good one for road to Hana. I think there is an Enterprise car rental right at the Sheraton. Others are not too far away. Most allow returning it to the airport.

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Hi Almostgrownup,

Appreciate your quick reply and useful info. Definitely help in my planning for our trip. THANKS and have a nice day.

Lena

Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

We stayed at the Sheraton in May and used Executive Transportation to take us from and to the airport. We found them to be very reliable. We also rented a car for a few days from Enterprise; they have an office conveniently located on site at the Sheraton. This may not be the most cost effective way to go, but for us, it was worth it for the convenience.

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Dear Nicole081,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm glad to hear you were very happy with Executive Transportation. Depending on our itinerary, we may take one way transport from OGG to Sheraton. Our departure flight back to California does not leave until 10:30pm, which gives us almost a full day of so thinking of renting the car to go to Iao Valley State Park in the afternoon, on the way back to the airport.

Did you like your stay at the Sheraton? We are deciding between Sheraton & Westin Resort & Spa.

Regards...

Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Hi there,

We have used executive for all our transfers in Maui. Always efficient and on time and happy to pass on any local tips to new travellers to Maui. Sheraton or Westin...I prefer Sheraton due to the location, quieter end of beach, black rock is right there for snorkelling and then you have another whole beach to walk down on the other side of black rock. For me, it's always too busy and hectic around the Westin, Sheraton far more peaceful.

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Dear Marene,

Another helpful point of view in regards to Sheraton vs Westin...I'm soaking it all in to make the right choice where to stay. Your feedback for Executive Transportation makes me feel comfortable in choosing them, should our final itinerary plan requires a transportation either one way or roundtrip (if we don't end up renting a car on our last day).

I see you're from Sydney. We visited Australia (Sydney, North Queensland, Portland) about 3 years ago and had a blast! Beautiful country and beautiful people.

Thank you and Good Day.

Lena

Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

We loved our stay at the Sheraton. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel is so conveniently located within walking distance of restaurants and shops. We enjoyed taking the free shuttle into Lahaina too.

The Enterprise car rental office address is Kapalua Arpt Off Site, 2605 Kaanapali Parkway.

As for the shuttle service, we booked on-line then called Executive Shuttle the day before arrival to confirm pick-up. They instructed us to call them upon arrival by dialling 55 from the courtesy phone in the airport baggage collection area. They then gave us our driver's name and directions of where to wait for pick-up. It worked out well.

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for providing detailed info on booking Executive Transportation, and how to contact them upon arrival at OGG. Just curious, did you rent a car while in Maui? From Enterprise at the Sheraton? Did they let you do one way rental, i.e. from Sheraton then dropped off at the airport?

Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

We did rent a car from Enterprise at the Sheraton, but we took the shuttle back to the airport. You could give Enterprise a call and ask about returning the car to the airport. Their number is 808 661 8804.

Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couple questions on transport from Kahului to Sheraton Hotel

Hi Lena

We pre booked our executive shuttle transfer and on arrival in OGG, there are direct phone lines available in the luggage collection area to advise them of your arrival. Be sure to have all your luggage and then you just pick up the phone and you get the executive representative directly and they will tell you which bus shelter just outside to walk to and the shuttle will be waiting as you have pre booked and sent your arrival details already. Easy peasey!