We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tents At Maui Eldorado?

Witham, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tents At Maui Eldorado?

I often watch the webcam from the Maui Eldorado as I am impatient and partly nosy. One stream covers the beach from the cabana and the other is the golf course.

My question..

I was looking at it yesterday and there were tents all over the golf course, any idea why?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

The tents are for a special corp. event that is happening this weekend.

Witham, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

Oh, thought it might've been something a little more interesting, thanks!

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

They can be......sometimes the concerts held are pretty fun to "eavesdrop" on if one is nearby!

Witham, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

What sort of concerts have they had?

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

They do not publicize the entertainment because they have used that area for private events for groups. Right now there is a group at the Hyatt and I figure that is why there were fire works the other night. Approximately 2400 guests and they stager their stays over the next few weeks.

Maui
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,047 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

I've heard some good ones........George Benson , Carlos Santana, Henry Kapono. The performers are a pretty close secret unless you know someone attending the convention or event. Most of the time these are reward trips or conventions. Sometimes people find out just by being on the beachwalk as it's going on. These things are not that common--about 2 maybe 3 times a year. It costs a bundle to 'buy' the course.

Witham, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

That's for the info' will keep my ears open :)

8. Re: Tents At Maui Eldorado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:22