We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Villas through Maui Hawaii Vacations - Experience?

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
74 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Villas through Maui Hawaii Vacations - Experience?

I'm lucky enough to be heading back to Hawaii for my 4th trip. First time booking a condo. I've selected the Westin Villas - though there were a lot of good choices. I have a good quote from Maui Hawaii Vacations - looks like a rental by owner through a management company.

It's clear I am not selecting a specific unit which may or may not be something to be concerned about. Does anyone have any experience they want to share on booking through this agency or really any agency that doesn't book you into a specific unit at the time you reserve?

thank you - advice on trip advisor is always the best advice!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,355 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Villas through Maui Hawaii Vacations - Experience?

The Westin Villas are time-share properties and all the units are maintained by Starwood, not individual owners. Even owners do not know which unit they will be in until they arrive. They can only request within their catagory...ocean front, oceanview etc.

There are many agencies that represent owners. If your dates are flexible you might also want to check out redweek.com.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Villas through Maui Hawaii Vacations - Experience?

They have some strange things in their website.

No mention of them having an address or office in Maui.

They do not publish any email address. You have to fill in a booking form to forward to them. So no email or written address to write or email any questions. They do publish a phone number but it is not a Hawaii prefix.

Maui Hawaii Vacations list the property Lahaina Shores and published that it is in the Honokowai district. It is not in Honokowai, it is in Lahaina. Honokowai is a 15 minute drive away from Lahaina Shores and it has a completely different weather pattern.

It feels like they are located somewhere else and do not have local representation or solid knowledge of the area.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
74 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Villas through Maui Hawaii Vacations - Experience?

Thanks - they are in Florida. Fortunately, I know enough about Maui and where I wanted to be - they did have the best price I could come up with for a 14 nights stay at the Westin. That being said, I always worry about service should anything go wrong when I need to check in.

I appreciate the information on Starwood -I didn't realize even the owners don't have a definitive unit. My concern was a great price might mean a really dingy condo but I think SPG would keep them all maintained to a certain level.

Mahalo for the information

4. Re: Westin Villas through Maui Hawaii Vacations - Experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:20