We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

Oregon City, Oregon
2 posts
Save Topic
Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

I am going to Ka'anapali April 7th-14th 2014, with my father and girlfriend, my brother (18) and myself (21). I need some scoop on everything there is to know about the area! i have never been maui or hawaii at all before so im not sure what to expect. I like to drink......smoke.... I love nature and adventure, i want to get a rental car but am still deciding. I am on atight budget and want to know how to be broke and still have a good time in maui. possibly going on adventures alone. im a girl ill remind you.

Blue Maui Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
West Maui Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
Skyline Eco Adventure
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

Welcome to TA :)

The beach is the best free activity on Maui - for swimming and snorkelling. Where in Kaanapali will you be staying ... or which resort? That will help with suggestions for beaches and other activities within walking distance.

There is bus service; it's limited, but if you wanted to venture off on your own and aren't renting a car, that's an option (will your dad be renting a car?)

On the main Maui page, have a look through the links on the right, under Top Questions and Maui Trip Ideas ... loads of good info there to give you ideas on what to do/see.

I think you'll love Maui !

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Lacey ~

Please tell us where you are staying.

You need, first of all, to pick up a good travel guidebook and map of Maui. Priceless!

Someone in your group will need to get a rental car. Vacationers on Maui need a car, plain and simple. And you need to reserve it right away. You are traveling during a very busy season - so renting cars, reserving certain activities, etc. is important. Maui can, and does, run out of rental cars.

And renting a car under the age of 21 can be tough - and expensive. Know your insurance coverage for rentals before you arrive.

Smoking - very restricted. Again, it would help to know where you are staying.

You need to take the initiative to learn more about the Ka'anapali area, the town of Lahaina and that section of Maui in general. Here is a rough map of the Ka'anapali resort area.

kaanapaliresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/…

There is bus service, and your accomodations may link with a shuttle service as well.

There is a ton of things to see and do on Maui - and once you are more familiar with it - we can make more specific recommendations.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

Here's the link for the main Maui forum page that I mentioned above (forgot to include it in that post) : tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g29220-i86-Maui_Haw…

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,774 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

Maui has some amazing deals during happy hours too, so make use of those. Are you staying somewhere with a kitchen? Cook your meals, enjoy them on the lanai! We make picnic lunches just about every day while vacationing on Maui.

Smoking is going to be a problem. You can't smoke in the rental car, you most likely won't be able to smoke where you are staying either. And a lot of the condo developments and resorts include the lanai when they say NO SMOKING!

Along Ka'anapali Beach, there are designated areas for those smoking. Also, some parking lots are the only place that smoking is allowed. Do check with your dad on the name of the place you are staying.

Lots of "free" things on Maui. And just relaxing on the beach, watching the sunset, are always free, and often the best thing about Maui!

Hope you have a great trip!

Oregon City, Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

Kihei is actually where I will be staying. At the world mark resort? My mistake!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

The best way to use TripAdvisor forums is to first do a little research. The right side of this page is enormously helpful. So are the tabs along the top, in green. I always take a quick look at Things to Do before I even decide whether or not I want to visit a place.

Once you have some basic knowledge, then ask specific questions on the forum.

Happy planning! Maui is great, you'll love it.

7. Re: Ka'anapali, April 2014. 21 year old girl with family. HELP!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 06:18