We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February Trip to Maui

Vancouver
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
February Trip to Maui

Hello,

We are a couple in our late 30's looking for a week long trip to Maui at some point in February (nothing like last minute!) We're expecting our first child in June so are looking to maximize our R&R before all of the fun begins :) I've been to Maui several times but always stayed Upcountry with family friends. My husband has never been. We are looking for something that has the benefits of a resort (beautiful pool & beach access) but potentially is a condo for some of our own space and perhaps a kitchen. I'm sure we'd be happy with a hotel too as we'll have a car and can venture out to explore other areas, restaurants, etc.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

t.

Blue Maui Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
West Maui Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
UFO Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,671 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February Trip to Maui

Suggest you book soon, Feb. is a very busy time on Maui! A nightly budget will help us help you.

Start by looking at the Aston Maui Kaananapli Villas for a price base for a nice condo with a lovely pool and right on an amazing beach. Honua Kai is a step or two up in resort ammenities.

You can also punch some dates into www.chasenrainbows.com and see what pops up on the west side. As soon as you have your dates get your car rented...they do run out.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February Trip to Maui

What sort of climate and weather are you pursuing.?

Vancouver
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: February Trip to Maui

Thanks for your help. I'll check out that resource now. For hotel/accomodation, we'd like to try and keep it to a max of $350 (if possible).

For weather and climate - sunny warm days would be ideal! We're from the west coast so don't mind a bit of rain and cloud for days of non-beach exploring.

Thanks again for your input!

Plover, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February Trip to Maui

Try the Hyatt on ka'anapali beach they have had some sales, due to construction on site.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 18:34
Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: February Trip to Maui

Sounds like you're describing Honua Kai.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: February Trip to Maui

This website may help you. If you scroll down and click on the name of a resort, you'll get an aerial photo. I disregard their rating system ... but it's good for an overview to start a list ... and then pull up the resort websites.

You are planning very late for a very, very busy month. If you have not booked your car, do so ASAP. Maui can, and does, run out of rental cars.

From your description, Honua Kai, Westin VILLAS, Ka'anapali Ali'i may be your best bet - but there are plenty of options. The trick will be availability.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Here's a rough map of the Ka'anapali resort area. If it comes up small, click on it.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,532 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: February Trip to Maui

The ocean is more likely to be calm off South Maui. The challenge will be to find availability. Our complex is always 100% sold out in February. You can try this site: www.mauiownercondos.com Also try some rental agents; we use this one to take care of our condo and our guests: www.crhmaui.com Bello Realty is another source. You should have OK weather from Kahana on south. FIRST THING is to book your rental car!

Is this what's called a "Babymoon"? LOL

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: February Trip to Maui

What a lovely trip idea! I agree with everyone that February is very busy, so I would recommend booking ahead for things like whale watches, luau, etc., if those are on your to-do list!

And Chi-Sue, that is exactly what I thought too, "Baby-moon!" Have a happy one, SlimT!!

9. Re: February Trip to Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ka'anapali