We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

Westfield...
Level Contributor
10 posts
287 reviews
Save Topic
Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

Hi, Im just looking for someones opinion on either of the two resorts. I will be traveling with my wife and no children. We are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary and I am suprising her with this trip. Which resort would have less screaming children and is more on the quiet relaxing side. We are in our mid 40's and not looking for a nightclub party atmosphere!

Skyline Eco Adventure
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Blue Maui Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
West Maui Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

It depends on when you are coming. During school breaks like summer, spring break, Christmas, thanksgiving, or major national 3 day holidays. All resort hotels have a lot of families with children. For quieter times, come when you are sure all schools are in session otherwise be sure to get a hotel that has a separate adults only pool. The Ritz Carlton in Kapalua is overall quieter and more peaceful with less kids than the resorts you mentioned. Also you might want to consider a condo rental in Kapalua.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,684 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

As Bob says, time of year is the key! You will always encounter infants and toddlers at both, they are both great family friendly, full service resorts.

The screaming "marco polo", hit you in the head with a water baskeball crew is mostly absent when mainland schools are in session.

When are you planning on visiting?

Westfield...
Level Contributor
10 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am planning on going August 20-29.. School is just going back in during the last few days of our trip.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

Have you looked at south Maui?

Andaz

Wailea Marriott

Fairmont Kea Lani

Polo Beach Condos

Eula Condos

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,684 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

Well they are tapering off by then but early to mid Sept. is a much quieter time if you could delay a week or so. You might consider it if that is a big deal.

John...there are just as many families and kids in south Maui as west! Not sure of your point.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

I forgot to mention that Polo Beach is all 2 bedroom but if you go through. Destination Resort Maui they can give you a one bedroom at a discount. We stay there twice a year. All ocean view one of the quietest properties and beach on Maui

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

There will lots of kids on most resorts the time you plan to go. The Ritz will have a lot less than most. I think it might be essential for you during that time to get a resort with an adults only pool.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

That's a good point Wailea Marriott has a great adult only infinity pool.

Andaz is marketing to couples

Fairmont Kea Lani has a big adults only pool and the only kids we see at Polo Beach are our own grandkids. It seems to draw more mature couples

9. Re: Honua Kai Resorts vs. Westin Ocean Resort Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Ka'anapali
Recent Conversations