We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahana construction current update please!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
370 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Mahana construction current update please!

Hi. I know this has been talked about. I haven't seen a recent update or building specific information. Can anyone tell me if the North building aka Molokai is done or being worked on right now? Or how bad this project is going to effect my trip. I arrive on July 28th. THANKS!

Skyline Eco Adventure
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Blue Maui Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
West Maui Parasail
Parasailing & Paragliding
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,559 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

Chase 'n Rainbows has an updated notice on their website, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to tell from it what's happening on the dates that you're there. westmauicondos.com/content/maintenance-and-c…

On that site, they've posted this link, http://mahanaaoao.com/GanttChart.pdf and from that, it looks like work on the south side of Molokai building will start around July 24th ... but from reading the July 10th update in the first link that I posted, it looks like they'll be working on the Lanai Tower through to the end of July.

Which stack are you in in the Molokai Tower? - if you are between the centre to north end, my guess is that you will be OK during your stay.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
370 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

Hi. Thanks. I'm in room 1202 in the Molokai tower. I wonder if they're behind schedule and I'll miss the construction in my building. Hope so!

Indy
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

my folks stayed in that unit and loved it! the owner is super to work with. shoot him an email, he probably has accurate information. keep us posted.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
370 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

We've stayed here before too. The owner is amazing! Anyway, he was completely upfront about the construction etc...he has a schedule but whether it's accurate and running on time is another thing you know? I was hoping someone who is actually there, lives nearby or just left would reply with first hand info. I will definitely come back here and give an update once I get there.

Wine Coast Country...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

I'm getting a little worried now as we will be there next week. I did not realize it was such a big project until reading all of the work schedules. I didn't see any of that before I book. Its nonrefundable so that just means if we have a unit that is being worked on....we will be spending more time at the beach. We get there a few days before you.

Holland, Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

We were there - in that unit from 6-21 to 6-28 - which was a couple weeks back. From what I could tell - they were still very much working on the southern side of the Lanai building, I thought I had read that they would be closer to us when we were there, but they didn't seem to be. it kind of felt like they were running behind. I'm not sure if they caught up in the last few weeks or not, but if they still are where they were when we were there, you should have no issue with the construction. I didn't phase us.

Hope that helps - I know I'm a few weeks out from when we were there, but that was my take. 1202 rocked by the way, awesome room, awesome view and great owner.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
370 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

Thanks! Bottom line I will enjoy myself no matter what. Just curious what to expect.

Wine Coast Country...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

We are here now and they are working on the building to the left of the pool when looking at the ocean. Not sure which building is named what. The noise is not that bad. They are doing a little bit of touch ups on our building but it is not bothering us at all. We are in #407 We have been out and about most days so did not notice. Today we were around the condo most of the day and only heard a little bit of the noise.

Have fun when you get here!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
370 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

Thanks for the update! I am in the opposite building so that's good news!

10. Re: Mahana construction current update please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Ka'anapali