We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

San Bruno, CA.
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

These three sunset cruises are available on 9/3. I know I'm probably thinking too much, guessing they are all basically the same, but which would you choose based on niceness of boat, friendliest crew and quality of pupus. Booze is NOT an issue, one light drinker, one non-drinker. Also my mid twenties year old daughter is meeting us later in the week, and she is under the impression that these sunset cruises are all couples, is that true ? If we go later in the week Trilogy is also available. Thanks for any and all advice.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,419 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

No, they are not just for couples. You may see whole family groups on them, couples, and even just a bunch of friends.

I can't speak to which one would be best. I've used Trilogy before, but not for the sunset cruise.

If you don't care about the booze, take a look for the cheapest price.

Never heard of Queens treasure...

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

I've been on Trilogy and Teralani, the Queens Treasure must be new because I've never heard of it. My suggestion is to take whichever one fits your budget and needs the most.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,581 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

Queens Treasure is "newer". They have been around a few years. They go out from Kaanapali right in front of Whalers Vilkage...a year ago I watched them liar and unload a group and they scared me because they didn't seem "as smooth" as the other boats, but watched them again this summer and seemed better. I think a regular on here..NKO...used them and spoke highly of them. He may join in.

Teralani, Trilogy and Gemini are all well recommended. Teralani I believe do not limit drinks...as non drinkers we tend to stay away from those. My luck I always get stuck next to the obnoxious drinker :/. All 3 do get great reviews.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 01:42
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,581 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

Edit... Load and unload... Don't know where liar came from :)

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

My go to is always Teralani, as I love their crew, the pupus are always well-prepared by Chef Nabavi (who owns Sangrita & Pizza Paradiso & does some amazing island/Mex/Persian cooking classes in his awesome backyard..)

That being said, Queens Treasure is the shiny new(er) kid on the block with some righteous bucks invested in their vessel, equipment and operation. I found them a class act, but *only* interacted with the captain after my travel compatriot lost her tube somewhere in Honolua Bay (girl loses everything twice daily..) & we approached the QT boat, the captain of which was nice enough to toss us a nice Mares tube & said "enjoy"! The Cat is very cool and decorated/painted in a Pirate themed fashion, although not in a "kitschy" way. I believe their prices are a few bucks more than others mentioned, but am not quite certain about this(?)

My nephew teaches surfing & co-manages a surf school/rental business right on KP beach & has said nothing but positivity has come from the hundreds of daily patrons that pass by 'Island Style Surf Adventures' kiosk, which is directly adjacent to Leilani's south side. Their online reviews -TA/Yelp- seem on par with this information, so I'd have to say that they measure up to the competition rather well! :)

Alo)(a, NKO

Edited: 22 August 2014, 03:00
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60634-d24…

7. Re: Terelani, Queens Treasure, or Gemini ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:17