We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anybody see the crocodile btw Coral Bay and Point Maud?

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
490 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Did anybody see the crocodile btw Coral Bay and Point Maud?

We've just got back from the best month in Oz and will write it up soon honest! But in the meantime ...

While we were in Coral Bay out on a dive boat and snorkelling near the outer reef we were called back onto the boat suddenly. Not a shark but a Saltie about 4 metres long seen by the spotter plain just a little way over between Coral Bay and Point Maud. How cool is that??!! Apparently he was a few hundred k's further south than they ever come. Anyway after 'going missing' for a few days was eventually shot as 'he posed a bit of a threat'! Poor thing.

The whole of WA knew about it (we were constantly asked down in Denmark/M/R etc but I was just wondering if anybody got closer than we did? Read that they were telling people not to snorkel or go out on the reef until they located it - hope it didn't spoil anyones hols?

Sarah

PS Loved Ningaloo of course....

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,545 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did anybody see the crocodile btw Coral Bay and Point Maud?

So far I think you got the closest Sarah!

I think it was rather unnecessary of them to shoot the poor lost croc - especially after such a long journey. Relocation surely would have been better.

Looking forward to a write up on your whole adventure!!

2. Re: Did anybody see the crocodile btw Coral Bay and Point Maud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 02:19