We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Range National park campgrounds

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Range National park campgrounds

Hello,

My husband and I are going camping at Cape Range National park in Western Australia. We are trying to find some advise on which campsite to go to. Does anyone have any advise?

Many thanks in advance.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

I seem to recall a camp ground near Turquoise Bay. It or the camp ground nearest Yardie Creek would be my personal choice.

Do be aware that there are very few facilities - no power, cooking facilities or showers and you must bring your own water. Prepare to be self-sufficient.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,387 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

Hi,

As mentioned by Melnq there are simple camping grounds within the National Park. For additional info see the link below.

exmouthwa.com.au/pages/…

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

How experienced are you? Turquoise Bay really is stunning but also remote.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

Thank you for all your replies. We are well prepared for rustic facilities and that's what we're looking for! We want to pre book a site and looked at the sites available. The two sites that look good are Kurrajong and Pilgramunna. Does anyone have any experience in these two site and recommendation for which may be better?

Many thanks

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

If you're looking for rustic, remote and isolated, Cape Range is definitely the spot for you!

I found this entry on Travelpod, complete with photographs, written by some folks who hosted at Kurrajong. It's an interesting read, it might hep you out.

travelpod.co.uk/travel-blog-entries/kathands…

And here are some photos for Pilgramunna:

www.pbase.com/keithcollicoat/image/68681506

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

Some info from the DEC website regarding Pilgramunna:

www.dec.wa.gov.au/campgrounds/index.php…

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

So, I'm booked into Kurrajong for 2 weeks in July. I plan on taking my tinnie and beach launching? Any issues with this? RG

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

Rob G. welcome to the forum. Think best is to open a new topic (ask a question) of your own. This thread is from 2011.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

Cape Range is a fantastic area where we have enjoyed many a caravan holiday! Our favourite is Osprey, overlooking the ocean watching the whales go by, you don't get any better than this! You can refill your water containers just south of Mesa Campgrounds, there are also 2 dump points in the park. Be prepared for other happy campers to talk with and the compulsory 5 o'clock drinks and get together! Have a great time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cape Range National park campgrounds

Hi, we have just returned from a trip to WA. We spent 2 nights at Kurrajong campground and absolutely loved it. There are no showers but the toilets are well maintained and extremely clean. The beach is good for snorkelling and it is only a short drive to the beautiful Turquoise Bay.