We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth in September

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Perth in September

I am planning a visit to WA in September and wonder if anyone has a good recommendation of decent 4 star hotel. I would prefer not to have to pay for parking and am therefore looking at Cottesloe or Fremantle but would consider anywhere preferably around the $170 mark. Views would be good and breakfast if possible.

9 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
243 reviews
1. Re: Perth in September

Plug in your dates here:

Fremantle -

stayz.com.au/accommodation/…

Cottesloe -

stayz.com.au/accommodation/…

Dont forget to check tripadvisor reviews for any remarks that might help you choose!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Perth in September

Thank you but I went with Scarborough instead.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
243 reviews
3. Re: Perth in September

Good choice! Scarborough is famous for its white sand, the surf beach, a 20 storey beachfront hotel building, and its restaurants and cafes on the Esplanade.

Enjoy!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Perth in September

Thanks Kerry

I am also planing to drive south from Kalbarri on Monday 29th and would appreciate a recommendation of a good place to stay in or around Cervantes / Jurien Bay. just one night and continue on to Mandurah on the 30th. Nothing is jumping out at me on Trip Advisor - any suggestions ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
243 reviews
5. Re: Perth in September

Just remember that Cervantes is really only a small fishing town on the coast, that happens to be quite close to the Pinnacles, so its still working out how to do tourism in some respects. I would however strongly recommend that you avoid the 2 main hotels are they are pretty basic. One is supposed to have good meals I think. A friend stayed there a week ago and said the hotel accommodation is pretty mundane.

I haven't stayed there, however the Windbreak B & B gets excellent reviews (and awards) on Tripadvisor.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g580524-d181…

Check their website and ring them direct once you have settled on your dates.

http://www.windbreakbandb.com/ContactUs.htm

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
243 reviews
6. Re: Perth in September

Kalbarri has a really good mix of the estuary, the coast and the National Park with its red gorges (good photo opps) nearby. September is a great time to visit - you should also see lots of wildflowers at that time of year.

Any keen fishermen going on the trip?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Perth in September

My son is a hugely keen fisherman but he's not coming along - bet he wishes he was...Thanks for the recommendation - it looks good. I found another one I like at Jurien Bay called " On The Bay" B & B. For the life of me I can't figure out how to contact them. Not on any of the hotel searches and no luck finding a phone number for them either. Any suggestions?

A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Perth in September

Contact details here:

www.jurienbayaccommodation.com.au/h2666

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor