We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day Itinerary (Re-Revised)

Uncasville, CT
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
7 Day Itinerary (Re-Revised)

Hello again:

Based on the feedback that I've received from TA, I've revised my itinerary (again) for a 7 day self-drive trip for 4 to NZ. I've eliminated any thoughts of doing parts of both islands and am focusing on just the north with multiple night stays in Rotorua and Taupo while beginning and ending the journey in Auckland.

Any comments and/or suggestions on the itinerary would be appreciated.

Day 1: Arrive in Auckland from Sydney - just a day to relax and walk around Auckland

Day 2: Drive from Auckland to Whitianga for the night (stops along the way including Thames and beaches).

Day 3: Whitianga to Rotorua. Stopping along the way at Waihi and Tauranga.

Day 4: Spend the day in and around Roturua.

Day 5: Rotorua to Taupo.

Day 6: Spend the day in and around Taupo.

Day 7: Drive from Taupo to Auckland. Spend the night in Auckland for the trip to LA the following afternoon.

Any thoughts?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,368 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Day Itinerary (Re-Revised)

Yes, you'll have a great trip! :) Nice and relaxed with time to see the sights. Have a lovely holiday.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Day Itinerary (Re-Revised)

Have a look at the Driving Creek railway in Coromandel on your way to Whitianga. It is just so different. Depending on the time of the year you may have to book if you wish to ride the train.

Kay

3. Re: 7 Day Itinerary (Re-Revised)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 07:20