We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Drive From Paihia to Cape Riange

Pune, India
Level Contributor
362 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Self Drive From Paihia to Cape Riange

Hi,

I am planning to do self drive one day trip from Paihia to Cape Riange,

Advise what all is must do on the route.

as understood one way drive would be around 4 hrs.

Thanks

Chirag

Auckland Region...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Self Drive From Paihia to Cape Riange

Definitely check out ninety mile beach somewhere, west coast beach, wild and rugged, with awesome sand dunes and surfing in the right conditions. Cape Reinga is a long drive over windy hills, and you are not supposed to eat or drink there, so bear that in mind, Nice view of coastline and steeped in Maori legend, worth seeing if you're keen. We didn't see a lot of attractions up that way, so check lonely planet for possible stop off points. N'joy

Auckland Region...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Self Drive From Paihia to Cape Riange

Thanks Poppy n.z. That was my review, and I will be following up on my complaint. The dunes are huge, steep, and very hard work to climb, so only the hardiest will climb them more than once. I didn't do the slides, tour drivers not allowed to take risks, so can't comment on that aspect but the other reviews are glowing. Found the natives distinctly unfriendly . . .

13. Re: Self Drive From Paihia to Cape Riange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:19