We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,285 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

Since you posted in the Monterey forum are we to assume you want a day trip from there?

It's feasible but almost a 2 hour drive!! Personally, if I was in town and it was my only chance to see SF I would do it. Get up early enough and leave late.

Mentioned in this post
Monterey
Monterey
Monterey County, CA
Level Contributor
37,559 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

How much time will have in Monterey? There is alot to do and see there. If you have a nice amount of time in Monterey, a day trip to San Francisco would definitely be worth it. Happy travels! :)

Mentioned in this post
Monterey
Monterey
Monterey County, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

More like 3 hrs of realistic driving/traffic. Depending on the day, the last few miles getting into city center can take 30 mins or more. I thought your family will be staying in SF?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
55,996 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

depends on what you mean by feasible ? Can it be done in a 5 hour round trip yes / so it is feasible but should it be done ? With all those previous posts about staying in SF and now this post in the Monterey Forum, i think we are all as confused as you are.

Just one serious question - is this a real trip to california or are you pulling our leg ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

I'm with you, Belo.

I think that the OP is having a "bit of sport" with the Forum.

These posts make less & less sense.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

Oh don't be such cynics. I am sure they're still sorting out all the options.

kick- I think you booked the Monterey Beach Resort right? How about SF? I hope you at least have cancellable reservations for a trip just a month away.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

Well, locals make day trips to SF all the time, but they don't try to see the whole city in one afternoon. The best you can do is get an overview, or sample a small part of The City. So it's doable as long as you don't expect to do too much.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

8. Re: Is it feasable to do a day trip to San Francisco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:17