We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to the Shenandoah Valley

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to the Shenandoah Valley

I have 3 days, maybe 4, next month (August) to drive the Shenandoah Valley. Have been there before but not in years. I want to drive the scenic highways and back roads. Any suggestions on the route (I will be starting at Harper's Ferry and going south), what to see and where to stay? Thanks, Kevin

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to the Shenandoah Valley

From Harpers Ferry, drive to the entrance of Shenandoah National Park at Front Royal. Skyland Drive is 105 miles at 35 mph from FR to Waynesboro. It's a beautiful road with many scenic overlooks, the Park has 2 lodges, and many great trails to hike. Luray (Caverns), Harrisonburg, and Charlottesville and a few towns to consider for side trips. Get more SNP details at www.nps.gov/shen

Happy trails

Edited: 23 July 2010, 04:34
2. Re: Trip to the Shenandoah Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Shenandoah