We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotels

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Topic
Best Hotels

I am trying to plan a family reunion at Virginia Beach and would like to know the best hotels at Virginia Beach. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money because some of the families have children but I don't want us in a dive that we need to worry. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance for your help.

Tavi

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotels

The best hotels are probably the chains -- the Marriotts, Holiday Inns, Hilton (newest and swankiest), Comfort Inns, etc. Fairfield Inn and Econo-Lodge On the Ocean (not to be confused with E-L Oceanfront) get good reviews in this forum. You might try clicking on the VB Hotels tab and read reviews there. Then type the name of a particular hotel into the Virginia Beach Search tab above this screen to read earlier threads where travelers have discussed their experiences.

Virginia
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotels

Hi,

Econo Lodge on the Ocean, 2707 Atlantic Avenue is the best place to stay down at the beach. Extremely clean rooms, heated outdoor pool, free breakfast, free bikes, really nice staff. Rates currently are at $69.90 per night. So if you're the type of person that doesn't want to spend a fortune on an off season vacation, but want a great place to stay at, this place will do it.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotels

I just reread my response and now I want to take it back. I didn't mean to imply the chains are THE best. I mean they are dependable and you know generally what you can expect. There are many excellent independent hotels but unless you've stayed there, you won't know what to expect from them. Just read the hotel reviews and then search for threads in the forum to get a better idea.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotels

The Fairfield Inn & Suites is a newer hotel that is very nice. The Econo Lodge mentioned by previous posters sounds like it would be a good choice too. Hope this helps.

5. Re: Best Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 16:21
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach