We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route From Canada to VB

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston
13 posts
Save Topic
Best Route From Canada to VB

We plan on driving to VB on the last Saturday in July and would appreciate advice on the quickest route. I plan on taking I81 into Pennsylvania and then either two routes - to Philadelphia and Route 13 to VB; or to Washingon and I95 to Richmond and I64 to VB.

Both routes are approximately the same distance and usually I prefer to stay on freeways as opposed to non-freeeways. However, I've read many articles about significant delays on I64 and the tunnels, especially during summer weekends, but also with Route 13 and the many towns. We would be approaching VB in the late afternoon on Saturday.

Thanks for any advice.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Route From Canada to VB

I would definitely opt for Route 13. I drive this way up to the Philly area and back to Va Beach many times a year-avoid 95 to I64 particularly in the summer months.

2. Re: Best Route From Canada to VB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 21:16