We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

newer area in virginia beach

richmond
3 posts
Save Topic
newer area in virginia beach

Is there an area of va beach that is newer than others and if so would anyone know where the newer area would be. thanks for any input.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: newer area in virginia beach

Newer in what aspect? Explain a bit of what you want to know so we can help :)

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: newer area in virginia beach

You mean like a new hotel on the beach? the newer Town Center? There's lots of new or newer places to stay if that's what you're asking. Yes, let us know:)

richmond
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: newer area in virginia beach

Thanks for trying to help...I'm thinking newer motels and newer town centers. Its been a long time since I have been there and we are planning a trip next weekend and I'm taking my mom so I want to stay in the nicer part of va beach.

thanks again

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: newer area in virginia beach

If it's been a long time, then all of Atlantic Ave will look new to you. The City has worked very hard over the past several years to clean up the place and transform the ticky-tack souvenir strip into a modern resort area. Most of the run-down, small mom-n-pop hotels are gone and in their place are large hotels and condos. New shopping areas have sprung up, most recently around 31st St across from the new Hilton. The boardwalk has lush plantings and bicycle-skate paths. I don't think there is a bad spot along Atlantic, no matter where you are.

Have fun!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: newer area in virginia beach

Having just returned, I'll chime in.

All of Atlantic Ave is refreshed or under construction. Signs on hotels indicate "redone" Nothing tacky there. We were on the south end where things were new and sparkling. Springhill Suites and the Clarion looked great. We were at Turtle Cay. Also it's the beginning of the season and everyone wants to look their best!!

I was very impressed with the people too. Tourist friendly from the Trolley driver to the city employee "guarding" the beach refurbishment at 7th. I wish we were going back soon

Dave

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: newer area in virginia beach

The place called Town Center is new/newer and inland about...15 minutes? We especially enjoyed it when it was new to us...Ruth's Chris, Keagan's genuine Irish pub, tons more. But there's lots to keep you at the beach.

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: newer area in virginia beach

Agree that there are many new hotels, etc. Also would encourage you to think about the many new attractions that are here since your last visit. All the ones I am thinking about are along the Boardwalk: The Neptune Statue at 31st Street; the Virginia Legends Walk at 12th Street. Not to mention the beauty of the Boardwalk in between. Enjoy your visit...I know you'll want to come back because you can never see all the wonderful things in a short time.

richmond
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: newer area in virginia beach

you guys are great ..have reservations now and looking forward to a great time!!!

9. Re: newer area in virginia beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach