We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood on the cheap

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seafood on the cheap

We have been to VA beach several times in the last 5 years and have eaten at many of the local restaurants. Our current favorites are Rudee's and Mahi Mah's but this year (in 10 days!!) there are more of us going(9) and I would like to know the locals favorite "seafood on the cheap" restaurant. Would prefer it NOT be buffet as my son and husband are allergic to shellfish. Any info would be appreciated as the other "restaurant" threads really didn't help!!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood on the cheap

I don't know of any that are "cheap" exactly (except the buffets, but no thanks!). You might consider Surf Rider -- there are several locations. It's not fancy but the food is excellent and you don't leave feeling like you're just paying for ambiance.

Silver Creek, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood on the cheap

We are not locals, however have been visiting VB each spring for 7 years and so also have our favorite haunts. We like the Twysted Fish and always make it a point to stop in there during our stay. 605 VB Blvd (Rt 58) between 16th & 17th. The entrees did average around $10 up to 17, which to us was a good price for what we got.

Would you post where you ended going when you return? Have fun.....I am jealous.....:)

Virginia Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood on the cheap

Try Beach Pub off of Laskin Road right next to the Purple Cow, it is definitely not gourmet it is very local and like a seafood diner. Very fresh seafood, lunch specials are from $5-7 including a drink, roll, two sides and and they have large portions. Lunch is very busy so call to find out a good time to get that many people in. Don't normally go there for dinner, but they have some good prices for dinner as well. Word to your non-seafood eaters, don't get a burger here. Mary's Restaurant is on 17th and near Mediterranean, they have great breakfasts and good prices on lunch, not as seafood oriented. Good pie. If you are out in Sandbridge Margie and Ray's is really good for seafood lunch is very reasonable, but dinner prices are the regular you will find in the area $15 and up. If you are going through the Bay Bridge tunnel then really close to the exit of the Eastern Shore in Cape Charles on the main road there is StingRay's which is very informal dinner is more sit down lunch is more take out and great seafood. I hope this helps you.

Virginia Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood on the cheap

Try Beach Pub off of Laskin Road right next to the Purple Cow, it is definitely not gourmet it is very local and like a seafood diner. Very fresh seafood, lunch specials are from $5-7 including a drink, roll, two sides and and they have large portions. Lunch is very busy so call to find out a good time to get that many people in. Don't normally go there for dinner, but they have some good prices for dinner as well. Word to your non-seafood eaters, don't get a burger here. Mary's Restaurant is on 17th and near Mediterranean, they have great breakfasts and good prices on lunch, not as seafood oriented. Good pie. If you are out in Sandbridge Margie and Ray's is really good for seafood lunch is very reasonable, but dinner prices are the regular you will find in the area $15 and up. If you are going through the Bay Bridge tunnel then really close to the exit of the Eastern Shore in Cape Charles on the main road there is StingRay's which is very informal dinner is more sit down lunch is more take out and great seafood. I hope this helps you.