We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Larger Home for Reasonable Price

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Larger Home for Reasonable Price

We are planning to trip to VA Beach at the end of July or early August for one week. There are 6 adults and 6 or 7 kids in our group. We would like a home with at least 5 bedrooms, preferrably with some type of pool (private or community) and it doesn't have to be oceanfront. If possible we would like to keep the price around $3,000 for the week. I have been looking at some of the websites and there aren't many choices in this price range. I would appreciate any suggestions on what areas might work for us. Is it better to wait until closer to the time to see what specials are available?

Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

You don't say where you have been looking so am not sure how extensive your search has been. We have rented a place in Sandbridge for a week in July and my search started with VRBO.com and then after finding a place the actual rental was handled by Sandbridge Realty. We are a family of 21 and there was only 1 week in the summer that everyone could make so our choices were limited and so when we found one to accommodate us we felt we needed to act quickly as we could see alot of places were filling up already. I would think that you won't want to wait as I was told places fill up quickly after January and to be honest, I think I would be miffed if I found out they were running "specials" after paying what we are for our house. I have a feeling there is no such thing as a "special" where these beach houses are concerned. Good luck on your search.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

We have rented one from Siebert Realty for this coming July. It is a 5 bedroom with a pool and is on the 3rd row back. But its around $4500 or so for one week. I don't have my paperwork handy or I could tell you the whole price. We looked for awhile before settling on this house. It was tough finding one that would fit all of us comfortably and in our price range.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

WE rented Sweetwater from www.siebertrealty.com for this upcoming Aug

Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

The place we have rented is called "Oceanfront Villa". I looked at the Sweetwater and that's a beautiful home. You must have a large group also. Ours is a 9 bedroom but I see that one is 10. Ours was supposed to be new last year. We've never been to Virginia Beach so are looking forward to the vacation.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

The place we have rented for July is called Sand Witch. It's a 5 bedroom with a pool, 3 rows back. We have never been to VB either.

Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

What week in July will you be there? We have the 18th to the 25th. I'm hoping to get some good ideas for restaurants, grocery stores, etc. I hope there will be suggestions on this board for those things.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

barb, type in the little empty box right on top of these forum posts whatever your question is...say the word food, grocer, groceries, etc. Lots of good info at your fingertips already so you don't need to wait for replies one this particular post for your questions. Come back and ask more questions as you fine tune.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

We will be there over july 4th and on. I'm going to check more on the grocery stores and fresh seafood places as time gets closer. We all love seafood!!! We are driving into Williamsbug for one very long day to visit what we can there.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

We liked Oceanfront Villa but we wont rent from Sandbridge Realty because of a problem a few years back. I stayed in Four Seasons(WOW), and Clearwater also.

Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Larger Home for Reasonable Price

We plan on going to Williamsburg for a day at Busch Gardens. There are 21 of us so I called about group rates and it's a pretty good deal! It looks like Williamsburg is close enough that maybe my DH and I will slip over there midweek if the chaos around the house with 11 kids and 10 adults gets too much. I was there years ago and know there's alot of history in the area.