We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Home Help!

Greensburg, PA
2 posts
Save Topic
Beach Home Help!

i am having a hard time finding a 3-4 bedroom home close to the beach (within a few blocks) that has a pool in the resort area. does anyone know of any other rental company besides the atkinson, siebert, sandbridge, affordable properties.

Also,

is there any 3 bedroom condos on the oceanfront?

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,506 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Home Help!

Hi, Tuch. Welcome. I saw a three bedroom in Dolphin Run which is in the resort area on condohelp. It looks like the others may all be in Sandbridge. How about vrbo? Or clearstay.

You want a home for the bigger real kitchen and the central private gathering area?

Boardwalk Resort and Villas is very nice. And has three bedroom units.

Ocean Beach Club has some 3 bedrooms.

You might look into The Breakers or The Capes. They have two room suites...with the micro/fridge set up. The Capes, for example, is small with a cozy set up and you might like the corner two room suite with the one bedroom next door, with the doors sort of at right angles to each other so you feel close.

Does it need to be 3 actual bedrooms? Or could you do, say, a 2 bedroom in Turtle Cay with additional sleeping in the living room?

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Home Help!

You might want to try the Norfolk Craigslist.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/vac/

Greensburg, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Home Help!

Thanks for your response. I checked into Dolphin Run, but from what I understand they don't have an outdoor pool. have you stayed there? I did check VRBO and really didn't find anything. i will check into your other suggestions. Thanks.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,506 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Home Help!

Yes, I think vrbo has the same one in Dolphin Run that's on...I think it's called condorenthelp, something like that. Used to stay near Dolphin Run but not right at the DR condos. We like that area a lot...the southern part where there's just enough going on some times...other times the vast concert crowds and East Coast Surfing Championships and Volley Ball, etc. etc. and one of the summer nightly concert stages is at 7th on the Boardwalk.

We really like Springhill Suites around 9th, which has an indoor and outdoor pool and their largest suite is several hundred square feet...like an apt. But I don't recall if they had an interconnecting door to the neighboring unit for additional space for your group. They do have a very large living room, dining room combo, larger than many apt. actually, and a hall with bathroom and bedroom alongside. Their site has diagrams of rooms. It would be great if you could utilize that for two bedrooms and get an additional bedroom.

I know Beach Quarters has some suites with kitchen but I don't know about interconnecting doors for more space.

One of those sources I gave you has houses/condos in the north end that seem to meet your needs.

You might look into some retro accommodations like Newcastle that friends really like. You can pull up their site and they even have room diagrams. They have a two room suite so you might look into that in combo with another room.

Cutty Sark has cottages. They were great for friends and Wendymath really likes that place. I'm keeping their excellent rates in mind on my short list myself.

Take a look at the quaint Angie's Guest Cottage:

http://angiescottage.com/bed-breakfast.htm Angie's has cottages with three bedrooms which you can see here: http://oceancovemotel.com/cottages.html While we haven't stayed there we've been by there often and had friends that stayed there and even in the hostel and also in the b&b they used to have. It's just a short walk to the beach, peaceful quaint beachy area...historic beach cottages.

You might also look into http://vbhma.com/ I started to for you but there are so many options, some of which I didn't know if you would need or not. It's easy to use. When you pull it up, click on accommodations. A page of options will come up and you can play with it in different configurations that suit you...trying indoor pool with other options, or outdoor pool with same at "about the hotel". For the size accommodations you need you might click on just suite or vip suite or honeymoon suite or suite and also connecting rooms.

I know that's a lot. Let us know how you're coming along.

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Home Help!

Ever think of going to the Outer Banks in NC? you will find exactly what you want down there for just 2 more hr drive

6. Re: Beach Home Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach