We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Virginia Beach

Forestville...
Level Contributor
162 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Virginia Beach

My hubby and I (no kids) will be heading down to VA Beach for Christmas. We have the festival of lights on the boardwalk and Williamsburg on our to do list - thanks to this site. Is there anything else to do on Christmas day?

How about any recommended restaurants?

Thanks,

Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Virginia Beach

Well I'm not sure what will actually be open on Christmas Day itself, but you have the Christmas Lights at the Botanic Gardens near the airport, which are well worth a visit, and the Virginia Aquarium should be running whale-watching trips, although sightings are not guaranteed. I recommend Mahi Mahs restaurant for oceanfront dining, Panera at Hilltop for great soups, salads, coffee & pastries, and One fish Two Fish for a special night out.

Enjoy your stay.

2. Re: Christmas in Virginia Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2016, 02:00
Forestville...
Level Contributor
162 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Virginia Beach

Thanks so much for you ideas!

Sounds like a great time!

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Virginia Beach

Hi there, yes the lights are something cool...we didn't do the ones at the botanic garden yet. "Hot Tuna" is pretty good (Shore Drive), "Vivo" excellent, one of my favorite (Hilltop area)... there are so many places to eat. Good luck

virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Virginia Beach

The Holiday lights are great and Colonial Williamsburg is a must. Tradewinds Restaurant at the Virginia Beach Resort has a great Sunday brunch and since Christmas day is Sunday they should be open. It is very quiet around here on Christmas day with just a very few places open.

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach