We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See the sights

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
1 post
Save Topic
See the sights

My husband and I are going to be staying in Virginia Beach on October 16 through the 22nd. This is our first time to visit the eastern coastal area in general. I would love any suggestions in regards to sights and activities that you feel are a must. Thank you,

Tricia

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: See the sights

Other than the oceanfront...

The Virginia Aquarium (formerly Marine Science Museum) is a terrific place, located on General Booth Blvd., just south of the resort area.

Take a stroll through First Landing State Park and see the unique coastal forest. The main trail entrance is located on Shore Drive, just north of the resort area.

If you are interested in history, within a close drive you can visit Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown.

Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See the sights

Go for a long stroll along the boardwalk...Mahi Mahs is a nice place to eat..they should be still running dolphin-watching trips from near the Lesner Bridge, Shore Drive...go up to Fort Storey (again off Shore drive) and view the two lighthouses, you will need ID to get onto the base. There are lots of mini golf places, but if it's still open the best one is the one at Ocean Breeze Water Park. If it rains the AMC movie theater at Lynhaven Mall is a good bet....also the IMAX at the Virginia Aquarium also has great movies. If you want the best place (pricey bit worth it) to eat round here, my recommendation would be One Fish Two Fish, you shouldn't be disappointed. Further afield you have the Chrysler museum of Art in Norfolk, well worth a visit, also the very lovely botanical gardens next to Norfolk airport. Norfolk harbor front is nice to wander along, you can also take boat trips from there and also view the USS Wisconsin, Nauticus museum is also there, I found it boring, but then again I'm not very interested in ships!!

Enjoy your stay.

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach