We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

Already read through past threads and am not finding the answer I need.

I am in Newport News right now and will have about 6 hours to kill tomorrow afternoon, so thinking about heading over to VA Beach just so my sons can romp around and have some fun. Probably would arrive around 11 A.M.

Not interested in being in the thick of things, so further north or south past Rudee inlet would be fine. Quieter, less crowded is ideal.

I am fairly familiar with VA Beach, but I like to be prepared and have a general idea which way to head. I don't want to be driving around wasting time looking for a spot.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

I normally use the 25th St lot (25th & Pacific, kind of in the middle so when you reach the boardwalk you can go easily in either direction) but lots are also located at 19th St (another popular lot), 2nd St, 4th St, 9th St, and 31th St garage. Hope this helps.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

J, Permanent Public restrooms are available oceanfront at 17th, 24th and 30th Streets and at Croatan Beach. Changing facilities are only available at Croatan Beach.

There are several outdoor places to eat, if you like. A small but good place on the back of the Capes hotel at 20th. And Giovanni's pizza and pasta across the street from the hotel on Atlantic. We really enjoyed the food and prices and the portions are huge.

Also enjoyed the restaurant in back of the Holiday Inn at 21st overlooking the boardwalk and ocean.

Have a great time.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

Croatan...Croatan...I have been there-ringing a bell. Where is that?

(I think this was a VCU/beer weekend visit-possibly why I am not remembering...)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

I got it! (And am remembering...) Looks like there is a large parking lot at the end of Vanderbilt Ave.

Can I park there? Does it fill up, and does it cost to park there? Not worried about paying, but just want to be prepared with the right $$$.

Thanks everyone!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

According to the information at www.vbgov.com (municipal parking), the Croatan lot is $5 on weekends for non VAB residents. Enjoy the beach.

6. Re: Beach for a Few Hours-where can I park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach