We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few days in June

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
A few days in June

We will be in the area in June and would like to find efficiency type accomodations for about 3 nights. We have never been to VA Beach. Any suggestions for a "quick trip" would be great. We enjoy the beach and the nightlife.

1. Re: A few days in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 23:24
Edited: 26 January 2010, 23:24
2. Re: A few days in June

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 23:24
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,446 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few days in June

I'm afraid in Gentle_NY's haste to advertise Recommendedinns, he has given some incomplete links, used generic language (so generic it would almost seem he isn't familiar with the many areas in which he has posted the linke to recommendedinns) and, in this case, not even included any b&bs in VB. Those inns paying for membership in recommendedinns (not a bad thing...they do a nice job with their set up, support and different levels one can choose depending on price one wants...levels of placement on online search result pages and much more) ...those inns are just nearly near VB but not in VB.

LJR, for inn accomodations there are some wonderful ones in VB. Click on the "hotels" tab on the left bar here and you will see the tab along the top of accommodations for "b&bs". (I hesitate to say click on the hotel tab on top of our posts first because that did not immediately bring up the b&b option for me...only clicking on the left.)

There are several options for accomodations since you mention efficiencies. VB has lots of hotels, some timeshare type/condo like units for shorter stays. The larger homes in Sandbridge, south of the boardwalk area usually rent by the week in warmer weather.

Is it just for two? Or will you need something larger?

I'll get back to you with more info.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few days in June

Good catch, explorer. It looks like our previous poster is posting this same response all over TA.

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few days in June

Thanks. I did go to the link, but realized that is not what I was looking for. Yes, it is just for me and hubby. We like an efficiency for breakfast and lunches and will go out for dinners. We want to be in walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and the nightlife (we prefer live music). Thanks, again, for any suggestions!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few days in June

Since you'll be here in June, live music will be available free every night up and down the boardwalk. If you go to beachstreetusa.com you'll be able to follow the schedule of events by date, by hour, by stage. The links are there already, but the specifics are not. But keep checking closer to your arrival. Or not. You'll stumble into something great just by showing up.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few days in June

And another thing -- you can go directly to the hotel association website vbhma.com and search by ammenities to help you narrow down your hotel choices.

Mount Vernon, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few days in June

We always stay at Comfort Inn At The Beach. All oceanfront suites. It used to be called Station One hotel. You can click on the hotels tab and read my review, or other reviews to see what all it has. I also posted some pics.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few days in June

Also don't forget that 'The Jewish Mother' has live music from local bands every night...as well as good food...also, there a 'Sky Bar' on top of the Hilton at 31st street if you like a club night...

10. Re: A few days in June

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach