We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

virginia
5 posts
Save Topic
need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

We will be hosting a wedding rehearsal dinner in Virginia Beach in August and would appreciate suggestions of good places to consider. Currently we think it will be around 30 people and rather casual. We are not from Virginia Beach but will be going down April 8 and 9 for a first look.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

Here is a site to look at, but be careful -- a couple of them are not really in Virginia Beach at all (one in Suffolk, one in Williamsburg, and one in South Boston which is hours away good grief):

gatheringguide.com/event_directory/rc/va_vir…

Check the Lesner Inn -- that is a very popular spot and always does a wonderful job.

Many of the hotels along Atlantic Avenue have the size facilities for your party. I've been to several weddings/parties at the Cavalier Hotel, but I see it is not listed in the website I gave you. The Hilton at 31st St/Atlantic Ave is another popular choice.

I would also check with the hotels and restaurants around Town Center.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

If you're only talking 30 people, then you really just need a restaurant that has that kind of room. No need to spend the big bucks to have a mini-reception.

My brother got married two years ago and we held his rehearsal dinner at Waterman's ( http://www.watermans.com/ ) and it was quite lovely. You have the choice of only offering a few dishes for a cheaper price or allowing people to order off the menu for slightly more. We were all in the same area, spread at two large round tables and four booths which were great for the kids. There's seafood aplenty as well as a variety of other choices. I hadn't been there in quite a while, and I felt the food was good and decently priced for an oceanfront restaurant (literally right on the ocean).

Parking can be an issue there, because there isn't alot on-site, but they offer valet parking as well. You could see what kind of deal you could get on that if you want to take care of it too.

The dress here is casual to smart casual. Just no bathing suits, flip flops, etc.

Hope this helps!

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
46 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

Have to agree Watermans is a great spot. They have upstairs room that can be rented for a bit more privacy if you need that. The restaurant will accomodate parties of that size with little trouble. We have had graduation dinners with 15-20 seated downstairs and we have attended parties upstairs with as many as 40-50 people in attendance. Overall it is a wonderful restaurant right on the beach with a comfortable atmosphere.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
46 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

Lucky Oyster is just down from the Oceanfront on General Booth Blvd. and is another option. Lucky Oyster has several seating areas to accomodate a party that size. They also have live music several nights a week for those who wish to linger after dinner.

www.luckyoystervb.com

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

I attended a rehearsal dinner at Watermans last October and they did a great job. Watermans is slightly fancier than Lucky Oyster, which has a much more relaxed (jeans and tshirt) type atmosphere.

Hamlin, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

Thanks, everyone! We, too, are from out-of-state and will be arranging a rehearsal dinner in VB but ours will be in October. The bride is not a seafood eater, so we have to be sure of having a good mix of choices. Now I'm getting a nice list of places to send our son to look at.

WM from Rochester NY area.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

When I attended the rehearsal dinner at Watermans, they set up 3 main courses- a chicken, a steak, and a pasta dish. I have seen other restaurants that will do the same thing, most any place is going to try to work with you to suit your tastes. Good luck!

8. Re: need suggestions for Rehearsal Dinner locations in VB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach