We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking advice for a local

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
343 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Parking advice for a local

Hi all. I'm a local, but am looking for some oceanfront secrets. Wife and I are looking for a cheap (read free) parking place for our pickup while we ride bikes on the boardwalk. Dont really care if we start at south end or north end. I was thinking of parking at Owl Creek or the Convention Center, but would really rather park a bit closer so we can spend more energy riding the safety of the BW and not fighting motorists. Is it OK to park and ride from the fishing center? Prefer not to feed a meter in case we dont get back in time, but dont want to pay for a full day if we decide only to ride for an hour or so. Also dont want to ride around for hours trying to snag a northend neighborhood spot. So I guess I'm looking for some lots or on-street parking thats a few blocks off, but still kinda close. Any ideas?

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking advice for a local

We park at the Holly Shops off Holly Road about one block to the left off Laskin. I think that the parking garage on 5th offers $5 parking after 5 for residents.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking advice for a local

Here's a few things I'm copying from the city:

Free parking at meters between 5th Street and Rudee Loop from 5am to 10am, but no parking after midnight.

RESIDENT PARKING: DISCOUNTS

All City residents can park at any lot or garage for $1 after 5pm with a valid driver’s license with a Virginia Beach address.

Va Bch
Level Contributor
73 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking advice for a local

Pote,

Where did you end up finding parking? We're planning on spending some time at the oceanfront this weekend. Any ideas? Thanks!

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking advice for a local

I think it is 24th street, or maybe 23 or 25th... but you can park for free during the day on the third street back (Atlantic then Pacific then the next street is the one you can park on.) The parking is at a 45 degree angle and I think it is free til 5 or 6 pm. Havent been down that way in about a year so forgive me for not recalling specifics! ;-)

Level Contributor
750 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking advice for a local

If you want to start at the south end, there are lots of spots on Norfolk Ave around Arctic and Baltic, free between 6 am and 8 pm except Holiday weekends when it's residents only 24 hours. Also a small lot around Cypress or Mediterranean.

At the north end, there are plenty of places in the neighborhoods between Laskin and 35th since you're riding your bike it's easy to go three or four blocks off Atlantic and find spots.

6. Re: Parking advice for a local

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach