We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

Is a day trip to Busch Gardens doable if I am staying in virginia beach?

Williamsburg, VA
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

Busch Gardens is about an hour, plus a little extra for traffic. The busiest day of the week is Saturday and the best days are the weekdays.

Around
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

1 hour from Newport News, 1.5 from Williamsburg

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

BG is totally doable. I live here in the Beach about 8 miles inland and I drive up to Williamsburg just to go to the outlet mall, let alone a BG day. All you wanna do is avoid rush hour leaving the oceanfront (7 to 9 am) and rush hour coming back (4 to 6 pm). It's all interstate tho it's a total crap shoot as to whether you'll get stuck in some traffic. For BG, I usually leave around 9:30 am and I'm usually there by 10:45 am. We usually stay til around 6 or 7 pm and then we're usually home by 8:15 pm.

Now if we have littles (anyone under 5 years old) with us, we usually leave around noon and get there about 1:15 pm...then we stay til about 8 pm (normal bedtime) and stop in the bathroom for a clean-up on the way out (since they won't be getting bathed). Then they fall asleep in the car and we just pour them into the bed when get home. Any more than 6 or 7 hours at a theme park for little ones equals breakdown so we try to keep that in mind.

Also, we try to go on tuesday or weds since they seem to be the slowest days, but it's a really big park and weekends are still doable.

You may also want to look intoParamounts' Kings Dominion which is only 10 minutes further up the road. I wouldn't try to do both in one day, but depending on who is going, they might be interested. There's also another huge waterpark called 'Water Country' that has some of the big water rides that Ocean Breeze lacks.

Hope this helps!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,757 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

Jomedic, unless I'm missing a huge shortcut, isn't Kings Dominion about an hour and 15 minutes or so from Busch Gardens, and about two hours from Virginia Beach?

Water Country is only about 10 minutes from Busch Gardens.

TN
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

Leave early, and have fun! Busch was a blast!!

New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

thanks everyone for the advice. I am trying to exchange my timeshare either for daytona beach or virginia beach for next year ( I plan things very early) and your advice was very helpful.

7. Re: How far away is Williamburg from Virginia Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach