We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

Harrisburg...
6 posts
Save Topic
3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

It is 4:20 AM and we have to leave for our vacation a day early because Todd Stricklin is NOT returning our calls. We are supposed to check into Happy Ours tomorrow with 2 other families for a weeks vacation. We heard the warnings on here about Todd and even had a family member (who is a real estate agent) meet Todd at the house in June and do a walk through. I am hoping this all pans out but I have a VERY sick feeling in my stomach. How do we tell our kids there is no house or worse yet no vacation? Plan B cannot be drive home and no vacation. Any help or responses would be greatly appreciated, and this time I will listen. Whatever the outcome of this house, I will post my full experience.

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

I don't understand. You are going to your rental house a day early, because you can't get in touch with the person who is leasing it to you? What are you going to accomplish by showing up a day early?

PA, USA
Level Contributor
376 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

I really hope all works out well for you. I did a quick deed search and found that the property 3109 Sandbridge, owned by Todd and Donald Stricklin, was listed in forclosure as of 7/2/2010. Do you have a hotel room for tonight?

Mentioned in this post
Sandbridge Beach
Sandbridge Beach
1,195 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

How to tell your kids? Well, just say, hey, we're risk takers. we're going to see how our vacation works out.

Yes, I don't understand either. In view of the plethora of warnings you read here you opted to go ahead.

Or perhaps this is among those posts that started out critical of this person, even to going into detail, and suddenly about page 3 is singing his praises? That's been another pattern.

One of whom, now that I think of it, drove down from NY a week or so early and back up again in one day in order to meet with this person.

Harrisburg...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

We came down a day early to see if anyone was in the house. Lucky for us there was. Todd is apparently vacationing in the keys and doesn't feel a need to return calls. The saga will resume tomorrow when we are handed the keys.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya...

Harrisburg...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

No idea where to start... Everything has worked out so far with the house,but I have so much to say. It's hard to type on an iPod so when I am able to hook up the laptop I will give a full run down.

new york
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

What do you mean someone was in the house? Are you talking about renters or someone renting the house to you? Who is handing you the keys? This house is listed in foreclosure. I hope you didn't pay the full amount by check already. Good luck

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,796 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

This is like old home week.

Harrisburg...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

My stay at 3109 Sandpiper RD Happy Ours...We had been so worried that Todd had not returned our calls and thought we had been scammed. Well Todd called us at 9 AM Saturday morning *SIGH* We arrived at 9:30 AM and the previous renters were just leaving. My family and another family we were with started moving our things in. I stripped the beds and cleaned the bathrooms from top to bottom that my sons and my husband and I would be using. They were not filthy but I want to know they are clean. A cleaning crew arrived at aprox. 11:00 and got busy. Two people arrived around 11:30 to clean the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was completely drained and refilled (I was REALLY happy to see that) . We payed the remainder of what we owed to the cleaning people and we were to pay the security deposit to Todd when he came to the house Mon. or Tues. The house itself... It's a party house. Neglect is the best word. This house is beautiful! Broken ceiling fans, towel rack broken off the wall, chipping paint all over outside... etc. Simply cosmetic things. The tile work in the bathrooms is amazing, the kitchen is amazing, the pool and hot tub, the wet bar downstairs, the working elevator, the speakers throughout the house GREAT GREAT GREAT! This house is a gold mine. We got a steal on what we paid for a week, but it was risky. We even took a trip over to his other house and talked with the renters there. They thought the same thing we did.... beautiful properties that have simply been neglected. I personally would like to smack Todd upside the head. He has this beautiful house and he's not maintaining it. We had a blast at the house. Ignore the cobwebs, holes in the wall, spills on a few base boards and you have a GREAT vacation house. Do I think Todd was trying to screw us over? NO Do I think Todd is carefree with his money and his properties? YES We had a great vacation and glad everything worked out with the house. Would we rent this house again? Yes, as long as we got it for the same price we did this year. Would I recommend this house to others on here? If your a risk taker this house is for you! We are actually considering going down again in Sept.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3109 Sandpiper Rd Sandbridge Virginia Todd Stricklin

*Huge sigh of relief for ya*

Soooo glad it worked out and you weren't stuck here without somewhere to stay. I wonder if the reason needed maintenence hasn't been done is because it's being forclosed on?

I'm glad you were flexible and able to have a great vacation! I'm not sure i'd be as patient or willing to take those kinds of chances!!

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach