We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

Syracuse, NY
5 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

Hi,

I'm having a hard tiem figuring this out. Wondering if the new outdoor pool area "splish splash lagoon?" is complete yet, or if anyone thinks it will be complete by the end of August.

Any input greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Karen

montana
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

I gave them a call last week and they said it opened on Aug 1st. I'd love to find someone who has been there since the remodel.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

Well, Erin Samford, Sales Admin and (Management respresentative) wrote a response Aug 6 to the, currently, third review stating all that's ready for one now.

I'll see if I can talk to a desk person and get another name. Then you can have two names to deal with when you go and are very happy....or not.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

Okay, maybe I'll send the other name in a PM since it's not already made public here. At any rate, she said the Splish Splash Lagoon is open and running, including the lazy river, 2 12' waterslides; movie theater is open, fitness center upgraded.

whoever goes next , write back here.

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

I'm writing from my hotel room at the Sunspree now. No construction evident (been here just two hours), two lazy rivers, two small water slides, two pools, all operational. Very happy so far.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

Two small waterslides. They're like 12' right. You mean small by comparison with the 400 plus feet at amusement parks I guess.

montana
Level Contributor
207 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

Anyone know how strict they are on the "only 4 in a standard room". When I asked they said fire code would not allow anymore than 4 in a room, including children, and for my family we would have to book a suite, even though we would sleep in the existing bedding.

7. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Virginia Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach