We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
386 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Based on availability during the months of September (looking to arrive on Friday night and depart on Sunday), we have narrowed it down to the following:

- SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront - $194 per night

- Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront - $189 per night

- Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South - $199 per night or $209 per night which includes breakfast at Courtyard Cafe

Sounds like for our interests (more quiet), Springhill is the way to go. Anyone ever able to get a better price through their website than what is mentioned above?

Mentioned in this post
SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
SpringHill Suites...
1,079 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Residence Inn by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn by...
687 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
The Oceanfront Inn
The Oceanfront Inn
523 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach
2,459 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
386 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Bring on the suggestions...need to make reservations ASAP. :-)

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
415 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Well, you didn't say what weekend you are interested in staying. September is actually a pretty busy time at the beach because it is the time of our Neptune Festival. I checked Springhill Suites on Marriott's website and for the weekend of 09/10 - 09/12 you could get a room for $174 if you are a Marriott Rewards member.

Mentioned in this post
Neptune's Park
Neptune's Park
469 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
386 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Any weekend in Sept besides the weekend of Sept 4th. Not a Marriott Rewards member.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,804 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

The AAA discount is most helpful for lengthier stays, being just 10%, but Marriott's senior discount starts to show benefits at 15% if you can do that. Weekends are busier and popular in VB; the weekdays in Sept. the rates are lower.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
386 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Looking to arrive on Friday night and depart on Sunday; about 30 years shy of the senior citizen discount. LOL

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
415 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

There is no fee for joining the Marriott Rewards program and you can join online. They sometimes have special deals for members.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,804 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

How does one get a better price on a website than the parameters already on the site? What would one click on if there is no option to click on?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

slightly off topic but I found a 7 night package on one of the hotel's websites for September (not naming names) but when I called to book it I was told that the packages are no longer available - are hotels obliged to honour their website rates?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
415 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Explorer 3, The prices the OP mentioned were exactly what was on Travelocity yesterday. He wrote "Anyone ever able to get a better price through their website than what is mentioned above?", so I thought he meant the hotel websites. I always check both, but I guess not everyone does.

Edited: 11 August 2010, 12:57
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,804 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, or Courtyard

Cocoakelly, yeah, me too. And if the accommodation in person can do as good a job or better I'll go with the local human voice and name. I find they are often all the same or close to it nowadays. It used to be very different but now it's all so competitive. (In fact, sometimes, to avoid travel site potential problems, if contacting the accommodation directly is within a few dollars I'll go with that.)

Good talking with you.

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach