We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virginia Beach motel/hotel with kitchen/kitchenette...

Manchester, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Virginia Beach motel/hotel with kitchen/kitchenette...

Hey fellow travelers-I am a freelance writer heading to VB first of February 2011 for about one month and am looking for a clean motel or hotel room near the beach with kitchenette facilities. I am not picky about new or old or busy nightlife-I just need wireless so I don't have to use my mobile broadband all the time to work and a little kitchen area to not have to eat out every day. It can be right on boardwalk or couple blocks away walking distance. There just are so many listed I am looking for hints as to which end of the beach is safest to walk or if anyone has a fave property they use when they visit and want an efficiency room. I have been a flight attendant for years before writing full time so I am laid back about small motels or older places-fine with me as long as clean and safe. Thanks so much for any help you can give-we always laid over hotelwise in Norfolk right on the water when I used to fly in and I always wanted to spend some time in VB. Thinking the offseason will have some nice weekly rates too and worth the chilly weather-will still be fun! :-T Oh looking for about 350 a week dollars wise or 50 bucks a day if I can swing it for the kitchenette I want-I'll suffer with a standard room and porta fridge if not. Thanks ya'all!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virginia Beach motel/hotel with kitchen/kitchenette...

Any hotel along Atlantic Ave will be in walking distance of something you want -- convenience store, restaurants, etc. There are a few hotels on Pacific, but your best bet is to stick with Atlantic. These hotels advertise efficiencies and wireless: Cutty Sark, Holiday Inn Express, Ocean Beach Club, Schooner Inn, Boardwalk Resort, Days Inn at the Beach, Hampton Inn North, Turtle Cay, Alamar (on a side street but still ok). There are some others but I cannot recommend them.

I am not sure about rates. Cutty Sark and Schooner are probably the lowest priced hotels in this list.

Check them out and let us know if we can help further.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virginia Beach motel/hotel with kitchen/kitchenette...

Have you checked condos at Sandbridge? Definately a kitchen, lots of space, & many properties have monthly rentals in your price range.

3. Re: Virginia Beach motel/hotel with kitchen/kitchenette...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach