We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in locating a place

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need help in locating a place

I plan on coming down to VB Jul 15-25th with 4 kids in their early 20's and my grand daughter. We want to be where the action is, centrally located. We would need a oceanside place with 3 bedrooms. Also, an outdoor pool is important and it must be on the side of the ocean next to the board walk. In other words I would love to have the ocean or pool conveniently accessible. I don't want to pay 300 bucks a night and am looking for value as well. Almost forgot to mention the beach and waves for boogie boarding are also important. I realize I'm asking alot and will probably have to settle for something less than what I'm asking for. Any help to steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help in locating a place

You're in luck. MOST of the hotels on Atlantic Ave are oceanfront. If the address is an odd number, it is on the ocean. If the address is between 200 and 4200, it is on the boardwalk.

Now where you might run into problems is the number of bedrooms. Now you're talking condo or house, right? I checked Edgewater, Four Sails, and Colony, but they offer only 2 bedrooms (but probably have a pull-out sofa as well). You might want to contact a real estate company like Atkinson or Pyle. They have vacation rentals. However, the houses are not on the boardwalk. You will find some houses a block or two back, but I'm not sure about the pools.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help in locating a place

Wendy turned me on to a great old place, Cutty Sark, that has historic cottages. They, too, are not ocean front though. Some of the porches do have an ocean view though since they are across the street from the oceanfront hotels because at that point there is no building in the way.

Boardwalk Resort and Villas and Ocean Beach Club are on the oceanfront and have larger units. But Wendy's ideas are better since these two places can be expensive in the peak season.

3. Re: Need help in locating a place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach