We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

Hello! My friend and I are planning a trip to Virginia Beach July 6-10 and have yet to choose a hotel! I found out about the promotion on this forum and am just wondering how it works exactly. As we were inputting our info we noticed that the site was going to charge us the full amount sans 20% discount. It says that prepayment is required to get the discount...so does that mean we'll be credited back the 20% to our credit card? I called the hotel we were interested in (Days Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront) but the woman at the front desk only knew that it was a web promotion and that's it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

Here's the page on it. It gives an 800 number to speak to someone about the special. Maybe it would help to speak to a human.

daysinn.com/DaysInn/…

Here's their promotions page. They have a 20% off deal for staying 3 consecutive nights too:

daysinn.com/DaysInn/…

This is on their national as well as VB sites.

Let us know how it works out.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

I don't know the particulars on this promotion, but I've gotten similar discounts. Typically your card is charged immediately (rather than at check-in/check-out) and it's non-refundable. Let us know what you find out.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

Yeah, I'm confused about the "sans 20%" thing. Malba, you probably mean you feel you are being charged the 20% up front if you speak about getting it back later. Yet, I'm reading your rate sans 20% as a rate minus 20%, which is what you want.

But, yes, as Wendy says, this is likely non-refundable once you get into it.

This rate is not just off a rate card rate but off the "best available" rate and that rate is always non-refundable in my experience. Meaning it doesn't have the handy cancellation policy of hotels in the event of a child becoming ill at the last minute.

A tempting carrot, though.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,862 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

I just tried a dummy booking, and the Days Inn VB Oceanfront came up with "selected rate not available."

I checked a different Days Inn with the rate available; the page comes up with the rooms at the discounted rate, and a section followed with the rooms at the "best available" rate, so you can compare the two rates and see that you are getting the discount.

The rules are pretty standard and straightforward: Must book in advance and prepay; no refunds, no cancellations or changes are allowed for this rate.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

ah i see! it seems that a lot of the hotels in the area aren't offering the 20 percent discount as Zoey1996 said. pretty bummed out about it =( maybe i'll try capes hotel since it got so many good reviews here...i'm just confused about one review that said there is no privacy for couples. does that mean there's a shared bathroom between all the hotel guests?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

No privacy???? What is it -- a big dorm? HA -- just kidding. I'm not sure what they were looking for.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,862 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

No, I read that review. It is a 2-bedroom unit, but only one bath for the unit, and no separate hallway to get to the bath. If you're in the first room, you have to go through the second room to the bath. The unit has no separate "living room," just the two bedrooms and the bath.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

I read that. The reviewer seems to mean no privacy for two couple traveling together.

I too found it very misleading.

We stay at the Capes often. Click on Capes site and click on "Tour Hotel". It'll list the six room types and you can click on them. I think that reviewer was talking about the Two Room Unit.

We have only seen that one as an end unit, which gives a lot of light. It seems it might have originally been a one room unit at the end/front and a one room unit at the end/back and it was combined. So the whole Unit is sort of a great big end cap on the hotel.

And you enter through the end/front unit. That unit is a bedroom with two double beds and a window.

You go to the rest of the suite which is a big living room, kitchen and one more double bed looking out on the ocean through a window and sliding glass doors.

So it's not like some places you may have seen that have one long narrow room with bunk beds in an area with no window...just one wall of glass at one end. Not like that. It's got windows on each side.

So the thing is you enter at the bedroom instead of the living room. And the bathroom is nearer the living room so that anyone sleeping in the double bed there might hear you getting up.

However, it works fine for close friends and nuclear family setups, even extended family.

No, not a shared bathroom for hotel guests. Goodness, that thing was misleading. It's a regular hotel with bathrooms for all the guests in the room or in the suite and a nice small kitchen set up and it's always clean.

Hey, like a lot of resort areas that extra bed is in the living room. Not unusual. capeshotel.com/Virginia-Beach-Room-Two-Room.…

Edited: 16 June 2011, 21:00
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

oh wow you guys are amazing! thank you all so much for the info!!! i wish all forums were this nice and informative =o) i'll let you know what my friend and i decide. thank you all again; i really appreciate it.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How does the Days Inn save 20% promotion actually work?

Capes also has Value Days. Even in July and August. CHeck their site for specials.

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach