We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

Hi everyone, I hope you'll consider advising me on what to do with one and a half days in Virginia Beach. My friend and I will be staying at the Hilton on the beach and we are looking for some activities to do during the day Saturday as well as advice on nice places to eat. For breakfast and lunch we'd be happy with any price range/formality level but for dinner Sat night we'd really like something special/upscale. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Cheers!! Susie4141

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

For Breakfast:

Big Sam's (at Rudee Inlet) http://www.bigsamsrawbar.com/photos.htm Fab view of the inlet.

Pocahantas Pancakes, which has more than pancakes. It does close about 1 p.m. and it's open 7 days a week. Portions are good as are prices. And check out the gourmet/seasonal/veggie and heart healthy touches marked with a heart, shrimp and crabmeat omelet, Blue crab omelet seasonally, pastrami omelet, fresh seasonal fruit, turkey bacon and sausage if you like, pitas, salads, espresso, cappuccino, cafe mocha, special blend teas and coffees, white grape juice, pineapple juice, etc.etc. There's lots for everyone. Here's their info for address and menu and lots of photos: http://www.pocahontaspancakes.com/

Doc Taylor's, breakfast and lunch in a historic beach cottage, formerly a doctor's home office. Good ol' fashioned prices. (Next door is the wonderful Tautog's also in a historic cottage)

Mary's, another long time VB fixture. Get the Early Bird Breakfast Special for $2.99. Here are tempting photos and prices. Take home a homemade pie: http://marys-restaurant.com/

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

Lunch and dinner:

In the interest of time let me give you some of our favorites quick and you can look them up at Restaurants on the left here.

Tautog's in a historic cottage and without much of a sign at all...you'd walk right by it easily. A gourmet secret.

The restaurants in your hotel are great, especially if they're not overwhelmed. We've had good service and food ourselves but some others have not been happy...I think perhaps they went on busy days, which I personally don't have the desire or time to deal with. Those are Catch 31 and Salacia.

Looking out on the boardwalk, sand and ocean...Waterman's and Mahi Mah's. (ask for window tables)

At the inlet, Rockafeller's.

And there's a Haagen Daz across the street from your hotel for a snack:)

Edited: 24 February 2012, 01:20
Jacksonville
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

Thank you both for being so helpful, great suggestions! Excited about visiting the area!

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

Would you think it too ambitious to leave early in the morning and drive out to Williamsburg for the day? Looks to be allot of wineries along the way and Williamsburg itself looks pretty interesting/fun.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

A great idea. Williamsburg is a wonderful place. Check it here on TA for lots of posts and more info.

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

thanks explorer3! : )

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

Also take a look at the Top Questions on the upper right here. Look at the one on the Boardwalk. Things to do even in winter...museums in historic cottages, the pier, and other sites along the way.

9. Re: Last minute girls getaway, need advice on what to do Sat/Sun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach