We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at North End

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
Parking at North End

Hi, I'm planning to rent a vacation home around the 73rd street area in July. The one problem I have is there is not parking at the home. Does anyone know if I can park on the street in the North End area? Thanks.

Felix

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at North End

I don't have a definitive answer, but when I looked at Street View of 73rd St on Google Maps, there are cars everywhere -- in driveways, in the grass, on the street. There seems to be no shortage of places to park. I wonder if what you read applied to PUBLIC parking. Is this area regulated by having to display a resident's parking pass?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at North End

Hi...I actually did the same. I looked at the streetview images and saw some no parking signs on atlantic and perhaps 73rd as well. As for the driveways and grass, I can only assume that's private property. I could be wrong... My problem is the house I'm renting has trees all around the grass area. Thus, there's no parking available at the house.

I'm hoping a local who lives in the area could tell me what the situation is...

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at North End

Can't your rental company tell you how in the world you're to park?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at North End

They mentioned street parking, but I wanted a 3rd party verification so that I know they're not just saying it because they want the sale.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at North End

I have a place 3 blocks from their on Oceanfront. You can park on the sides of the street and across the road on the sides of the street. Be careful not to park on people's lawns or blocking their driveway, and look out for no parking signs.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at North End

Hey, thanks so much... Appreciate it. The Internet is great!

7. Re: Parking at North End

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:42
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach
Recent Conversations